Guide Me
star_border

Please Help... Site Policy - Suspension of your website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Could you please help... I have just set up my site www.hireafilmmaker.com

I received the message "suspension of your website due to violations of our Webmaster Guidelines", but no further information. I have read the guidelines and I am unsure of what is wrong with my site. I am happy to change anything required. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

- Tom

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tom Y
September 2015

Re: Please Help... Site Policy - Suspension of your website

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

In my view you are violating the information harvesting section and the user safety section;

(No clear pricing plans ; what is the service you are offering (what exactly is included ...cancellation.... Any Guarantee for results...)

"Come to us pay 1000 dollars, and we will make you a video" -  is not a clear business model to be advertised on Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Update:

I just got another email saying the problem is: Spam techniques

Ive checked it out but I don't seem to be in breach of any of these.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tom Y
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

In my view you are violating the information harvesting section and the user safety section;

(No clear pricing plans ; what is the service you are offering (what exactly is included ...cancellation.... Any Guarantee for results...)

"Come to us pay 1000 dollars, and we will make you a video" -  is not a clear business model to be advertised on Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

Thank you for the reply.

Should I be creating a Terms and Conditions section of the website to address all of these things:

what is the service you are offering (what exactly is included ...cancellation.... Any Guarantee for results...)

In terms of information harvesting do you mean the video examples? These are video I have made myself for previous clients.

I am new to all this and I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;

• You need to systematically verify compliance of every section of the policy. Review and verify compliance of each clause;
  • Work with your programmer to verify compliance of all other sections of the Policy;
  • The recommended method is to work section by section, and verify compliance. I agree it is not an easy task;

Only then - you can resubmit your site;

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Unfortunately it is just me, I have no programmer or anyone else helping. I made the website myself using Weebly.

I have now done the following:

1. I have created a Terms and Conditions section on the website to clearly explain our service, the process, what we offer, what is not included, payment and cancellations.
  2. I have put the Terms and Conditions link on every page so it is always just one click away.
  3. I have reduced the number of Meta Keywords to two 3 word keywords.
  4. Ive added a Contact Us page so people have another way of reaching me.
  5. Ive added my Australian Business Number (ABN) so we can be identified easier.

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Tom;

Once the site is fixed and fully complies you can resubmit it using this link;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704383?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Tom,

Add a privacy statement, also. There's not a heck of a lot of text on your home page. If that's your landing page, your QS might suffer from that.

I only took a very quick look at your site. You are collecting personal data and have no privacy statement. That will almost always be a policy violation.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi guys;

I agree with Pete that it's good practice to have a privacy policy, (and "Google's bots" do like it; :smileyhappySmiley Happy

However; "strictly by the policy": the Policy was revised, last year and does not require anymore a privacy policy for a website with "simple contact form". (Unless required by law).

@Tom;

Since your contact form is a "simple one" - I did not mention that. (But, as Pete said; it's good to have one)

-Moshe

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hey Moshe,

I really need to keep up more. I did not know about the change in policy.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords