Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Placing in search results in other countries

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry if this is not the correct place to ask this, my Client is a Singapore-Based Company and recently asked me why his company does not come up in search results when using google.com.hk (Hong Kong). He does not have an office in Hong Kong. I seriously do not know how to answer that question.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Ah... I think I see now ... Smiley Happy

This is a forum for paying advertisers which automatically made me think you were talking about paid AdWords ads. Now it seems what you mean is natural or organic search results which is off topic in this community. 

You are advised to re-post the query here:

***   Google Webmaster Help Forum   ***

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

Thanks for your kind understanding!

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Re: Placing in search results in other countries

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jensen,

You can verify whether or not he is right, using and making a research with the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool. See a random search with the tool on the snip below:

Capture-nov16.PNG

You can find this tool under the upper TOOLS tab.

Even if the ad never shows for the search, it may have multiple causes. The city being a former British colony, I cannot exclude the possibility that perhaps most English searches are being performed on google. com or google.co.uk versus google.com.hk. 

If you have access to the account, you may want to run a Geographic report under the Dimensions tab to see where impressions are coming from though the search domains themselves will not be displayed. Some account-related issues may cause if impressions do not come from Hong Kong, such as geo-targeting, low bidding, bid adjustments etc, etc.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your kind help on this Mr Lakatos, really appreciate it. I'll go use the Tool that you recommended.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry for the confusion, I was actually referring to search results and not ads, the client wanted to know why he did not come up in search results. He did not place any ads for Hong Kong. My understanding is that google is localised for each country and it will be counter-intuitive to list companies from Singapore if you are searching in google Hong Kong. Please let me know if I am mistaken.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Ah... I think I see now ... Smiley Happy

This is a forum for paying advertisers which automatically made me think you were talking about paid AdWords ads. Now it seems what you mean is natural or organic search results which is off topic in this community. 

You are advised to re-post the query here:

***   Google Webmaster Help Forum   ***

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

Thanks for your kind understanding!

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for directing me to the right forum. Much appreciated!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

You are welcome.