AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Placements reports analysis

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Let's go for the analysis of placements reports..3 cases.

1/ For ads group on YT , on detail tab (with the most important impression number), placement report give : 

• www.youtube.com/watch ->  ?? i don't know what this url means...i 'am redirected to the homepage of YT !

2/
For ads group with Keywords + automatic placements (with the most important impression number)  :

• anonymous.google -> ??

3/ For Adwords video campaign (so on YT only by default)
With the most important impressions and clicks  number

• s-static.facebook.com/common/referer_frame.php ->  ?? i don't know what this url means..

Results : i 've been charged for impressions and clicks , but i really don't know where my ads were displayed . Smiley Sad

So, if i try to exclude these "blind placements", i lost straightaway  80% of my impressions. So does that mean that my cpc were too low (0,26 euros on average for gdn and Video-YT 0,06 cpv + CTR 0.09) for better placements (regardless quality)  ?

Tks..

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Placements reports analysis

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Garguier,

Thanks again for posting a good questions.

Let discuss one by one starting from 3rd question.

c s-static.facebook.com/common/
referer_frame.php - > ?? i don't know what
this url means..

This the video placement sites that has been shared by the users through facebook. I agree this site is not working when you open in any browser.

In simple way you can say that you are video placement sites that has been played in facebook pages. Actually when you play a video on facebook and see the source code you will find the same url that you have mentioned. Basically facebook use this url as a iframe that's why you are getting the site in a placement report but not able to run browsers.

Here you can find more info about this.

http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2013/05/14/youtube-video-ads-facebook-users/#sr=d&m=n&cp=d&ct=-tmc&t...
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi sometimes you will find the placement report like

anonymous.google

these are the some publishers site that does not disclose Actual URL Identification.

If you are not getting ROI on these placement site you can directly exclude it by excluding the last category in category exclusion box.or simply add adsenseformobile.com in your placement exclusion box.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
When you try to open the YouTube.com/watch in browser. It redirects to the home page because after " watch" there is ID attached with URL. if you want to see the complete URL you can see the detail report of the URL:-youtube/watch. Then AdWords will shows you the actual URL.

Here you can find more about it.
p

www.youtube.com/watch - > ?? i don't know
what this url means...i 'am redirected to the
homepage of YT !

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Here is the reference URL:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2456100?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rakesh,

Many thanks again for your precious response and links ressources..much clear for me now.

What about my last words on excluding all what i consider not reliable (regarding conversion or contextual targeting) ..
If i want to reach good placements on Gdn, do i need to keep some wrong placements for google (so pay for them but with low cpc) and add some new ones, or exclude them totally and try to find really targeted ones only.
You know  ..like a game (poker) where you have to pay sometimes a bit for nothing  to be able to see the cards of the adversary. Because every advertisers want the best for his campaign, but google have not only good placements but also publishers with poor audience to manage.

Hope make myself understand..

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi,

Here is the more detail answers how to exlude "anonymous.google".

https://support.google.com/adxbuyer/answer/159152?hl=en

http://www.adwiserhq.com/blog/anonymous-adwords-placements/

Here you can exclude the particular placement"ID.anonymous.google".

in this way you can control anonymous.google placement site.

======================================== If i want to reach good placements on Gdn, do i
need to keep some wrong placements for google
(so pay for them but with low cpc) and add some
new ones, or exclude them totally and try to find
really targeted ones only.
========================================

Some-cases you can exclude the particular non-performing placement. for example:-anonymous.google and "www.youtube.com/watch". here you can exclude particular one placement that are not performing and can add that are performed.

But in the case of http://s-static.ak.facebook.com/common/referer_frame.php.
you can not control only unwanted traffic.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Tks Rakesh