2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Placements and Quality Score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does adding placements to an ad group affect the Quality Score for search?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mnkelly
September 2015

Re: Placements and Quality Score

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mnkelly,

Strainght Answer is NO. Both plaforms are different and target audience with different mindset. 

I would like to add here: It is highly highly NOT recommended to run same campaign for search and display campaign. If you are running both network in same campaign, i would reccomend to seeprate it.

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mnkelly
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mnkelly,

Strainght Answer is NO. Both plaforms are different and target audience with different mindset. 

I would like to add here: It is highly highly NOT recommended to run same campaign for search and display campaign. If you are running both network in same campaign, i would reccomend to seeprate it.

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does that go for text ads too? Becuase if i am right text ads can be used in search and display network/

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes to both. That goes to text ads too.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I am with Neha on that.

Separate the campaigns, so QS is calculated separately on Display and on Search.

Read More:

Ad and Site Quality

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Moshe wrote: "Separate the campaigns, so QS is calculated separately on Display and on Search."

I will take slight exception to this statement. QS is always calculated separately for the Display and Search networks. One does not affect the other. But, unless this has changed with the new DN tab, the QS for the DN is never actually shown to the advertiser.

A better reason to separate your campaigns is to improve targeting and to control budgets.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Pete's posts are advanced level ...  Smiley Happy

Though with the new DN tab, Google allows bidding per (specific) KW, it still does not disclose the QSs of those KWs (as Pete already mentioned).

Thus, even if the same KWs are used on (both) a Display campaign (for contextual targeting) and on a Search campaign - my assumption is - that QSs are not the same...

But, this is really advanced knowledge of the DN...Smiley Wink

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It doesn't affect the Quality score for search or It negatively affects the Quality score for search?