AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Placement for Display Remarketing Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Friends,

I have a small concern. I am starting a Display Remarketing Ad on Adwords.  For a Remarketing campaign is really needed to add the placement sites in targeting for a Remarketing Campaign. 

Actually, I want to target my customers they  are already visited. 

Please help with my query...

Thanks in Advance,

Sai Nivas

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sai N
September 2015

Re: Placement for Display Remarketing Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Sai N;

No. There is no need. Furthermore, it will only restrict the impressions. (Because the AND condition would apply - ad will be shown to users only when  users visiting those placements)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Sai,

You can improve the CTR by using the Frequency capping in the campaigns.
Also create diffrent Remarketing list depending upon the Product Life Cycle.

1.) Create a Audience List AA for first 3 days for users who visited in last three days.
2.) Create a Audience List BB between 3-10 days, for users who visited between before 3rd days to 10 days..
3.) Create a Audience List CC between 10- 20 days, for users who visited between before 10th days to 20th days..on so on...

Then you can keep the higher Bids on this way ... Bid for Audience List AA> Bid For Audience List BB> Bids for Audience List CC...

Also, Make sure, you exclude all those audience, who have made purchased/signed up.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Sai N;

No. There is no need. Furthermore, it will only restrict the impressions. (Because the AND condition would apply - ad will be shown to users only when  users visiting those placements)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Moshe.. So google will decide where to display and where can i see the ads.. I mean what kind of websites any idea......

Yesterday I started the campaign, today I see that the impressions are more but clicks very less. So where should I optimize for better performance..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I might have been misunderstood,

In standard   Remarketing,   your ad  shown to users who visited your site, while they continue  browsing other sites on the display network.

Read more about Remarketing;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453998?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks again. I got your point.

Am running Remarketing campaign with a targeted audience list, for ad clicks are not happening, but impressions are good in the row.. So what is the exact problem?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Well... There could be a few reasons, I can think of:

Users not interested in the product after visiting the site;
This type of product, users buy once they find what they like. (in other words: No long market research)
Or the ad-copy  is not attractive...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You are saying " Users not interested in the product after visiting the site;" but poin is if users will enter into the website, probably they will come by clicking the ads. But here I don't see any clicks only am seeing impressions and ad position.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Sai N;

You said you are running a re-marketing campaign, For impressions  to be shown to a user in a Remarketing campaign, the  user must first visit the site, so a cookie is stored on their browser.

Please read the article I linked. Highly recommended.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Sai,

You can improve the CTR by using the Frequency capping in the campaigns.
Also create diffrent Remarketing list depending upon the Product Life Cycle.

1.) Create a Audience List AA for first 3 days for users who visited in last three days.
2.) Create a Audience List BB between 3-10 days, for users who visited between before 3rd days to 10 days..
3.) Create a Audience List CC between 10- 20 days, for users who visited between before 10th days to 20th days..on so on...

Then you can keep the higher Bids on this way ... Bid for Audience List AA> Bid For Audience List BB> Bids for Audience List CC...

Also, Make sure, you exclude all those audience, who have made purchased/signed up.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Rakesh for a great insight.

So basically I have to create the 3 types of Audience list based on a number of days users who visited on the site.

I have created the " returning visitors " audience list. The List size it shows 1431(for 30 days).

And another Audeince list created from Google Analytics with the audience name " All users" . so the list of visitors it show 3700 (for 30 days).

So which one I can use, which is good for targeting?