Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Placement Display Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

I would like to run DISPLAY campaigns for some select sites but also for selected Keyword matches. So, it don't need for the hole sites, just for the pages that are related to my Keywords.

Example, Youtube.com, but from videos who are related to my keywords.

Is this possible? or I need to run for ALL youtube.com videos?

In case I add  keywords and also Manage Placement for youtube.com, it will start showing my ads to videos that match with my keywords? or it ASLO will start showing my ads to other sites that are not Youtube?

Is not just Youtube.com placement that I need to show my ads, there are another sites that I want to make manage placement but just  want to show my ads to pages from those placements that are related to my keywords.

thanks!

Marco.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marcos d
May 2016

Re: Placement Display Question

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Marco,

Positive. If you make use of both placement and keyword targeting methods, the resultant scope will be the overlapping of the 2 sets. In plain English, you'll show your ads to pages from those placements that are related to your keywords.

Best,
Lakatos

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Marco,

You can't add placements for particular pages of a website and you can't find them either on Placements targeting section or on Display planner section. Even, you can't find or determine whether that inserted placements really has pages with particular keywords in their website.

However, when you add Display keywords with the managed placements, Google searches for the websites from the inserted list whether they consists any page with the inserted keywords. If so, then your ad will be served.

For Youtube.com, you can either add specific YouTube channels like Finance or you can also add specific videos where your ads will be served when any user watches the selected the video.

Also, it is recommended to exclude certain type of site categories like Parked Domains, Error pages, Sexually exclusive pages, etc. To exclude these type of sites, go to the Display network section, then Targeting and then at the bottom, under Campaign exclusions, you can find a section called Site Category Options.

Hope this has solved your query.

Thanks,
Sai Muralidhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marcos d
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Marco,

Positive. If you make use of both placement and keyword targeting methods, the resultant scope will be the overlapping of the 2 sets. In plain English, you'll show your ads to pages from those placements that are related to your keywords.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Lakatos! Always helping people like me!

So, if I do both, KW and Manage Placements, m ads WONT start showing in others placements that I DONT add?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For suppose, if you have selected a placement as example.com/cheap-life-insurance.html and also a keyword as cheap life insurance, then your ad will only be served on the placements like above which have exclusively your defined keywords in their webpages.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Thanks,
Sai Muralidhar

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
No, they won't.

To that end, however, you'll need to opt out of the "Let AdWords automatically find new customers" option under "Targeting optimization" that you can find under the Display Network tab after clicking on the red button +TARGETING and selecting the campaign and ad group in question.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This option is not for adding an extra targeting for your existing targeting methods.

Please see below.
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/New-option-Targeting-optimisation...

Thanks,
Sai Muralidhar

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Just 1 verbatim quotation about Display Campaign Optimization, right from Google's help page:

*** About display targeting optimization ***
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/190596
"Targeting optimization is not well suited to advertisers who want complete control over where their ads are shown."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Macros,

Please feel free to reach the Google support if you need more clarification on your query.

Click on the gear icon and click on Help to reach out to various contact options.

Thanks,
Sai Muralidhar