AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Phrase Match Variation vs Broad Match Modifier same thing?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all,

What is the difference between 

+chocolate +pies +in +Chicago

vs

"chocolate pies in Chicago"

When you (+) every term in broad modified,  is it not essentially the same phrase match?? 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No they are not the same... since the order of the BMM words can be changed - so a search (albeit a strange one in this instance) could be - Chicago in chocolate pies

It can also have words between the BMM words thus :  chocolate pies in the center of Chicago (which the phrase match wouldn't catch).

Personally, I have switched most of my accounts over the BMM and have eliminated phrase almost entirely. With one or two BMM keywords you can cover a whole swathe of phrase matches... and if a search term is popular, I add it as an exact.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No they are not the same... since the order of the BMM words can be changed - so a search (albeit a strange one in this instance) could be - Chicago in chocolate pies

It can also have words between the BMM words thus :  chocolate pies in the center of Chicago (which the phrase match wouldn't catch).

Personally, I have switched most of my accounts over the BMM and have eliminated phrase almost entirely. With one or two BMM keywords you can cover a whole swathe of phrase matches... and if a search term is popular, I add it as an exact.