Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Pharma Manufacturer With Multiple Agencies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I work for a large Pharma Manufacturing company, and we are required to be certified by Google to run campaigns.  As such, I've created an account that has been approved by Google. So far, so good.

Since we're a large company, we have a variety of products and want to run separate campaigns for each. Each product line has a different agency.  This is where I'm getting confused. 

What is the best way for setting up our account? I want to ensure each agency is using our account(s), which has been approved.

• Do I share our single approved account with multiple agencies? This seems like it may cause problems.
  • Do I create separate accounts for each product line, have them certified and share them? This seems like a lot to keep track of.
  • Is there a way I (as a client) can utilize MCC?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
March 2016

Re: Pharma Manufacturer With Multiple Agencies

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi PumpernickePaul,

A single account could do the job as well. Access levels can be managed to restrict sensitive info like CC details.

However, if a single account would be too large or cumbersome for you to manage, you can create an MCC and streamline accounts/campaigns and access levels. This way each account could pay their own charges, as well as be associated under a common umbrella for approvals, reporting and other purposes. Pharma approval is possible at the MCC level as well, which would apply to child accounts under it.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
March 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi PumpernickePaul,

A single account could do the job as well. Access levels can be managed to restrict sensitive info like CC details.

However, if a single account would be too large or cumbersome for you to manage, you can create an MCC and streamline accounts/campaigns and access levels. This way each account could pay their own charges, as well as be associated under a common umbrella for approvals, reporting and other purposes. Pharma approval is possible at the MCC level as well, which would apply to child accounts under it.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth

Finally following up on this. I'm still confused about a few things. Since we're sharing our single approved account with multiple agencies, I suspect the campaign details would be accessible by all the agencies (e.g., keyword, ad copy and campaign structure details). Is this accurate? Obviously, this isn't ideal, and it doesn't seem that Access levels can be used to hide details across agencies.

I'm just curious how other organizations set up their adwords account when sharing across multiple agencies (it seems most of the information available is from the agency side, not client). Is there a way to share a single account with multiple agencies and hide campaign details, or do most companies just go with one agency?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Within a single account, access levels could be used to hide sensitive info like billing, CC, etc. but not campaigns or ads.

Companies use different structures based on their requirements like access, billing, etc. Since you'd like to restrict campaigns, I'd suggest creating an MCC with one child account for each pharma agency you work with. That would be easier for you to manage as well. MCCs aren't just for marketing agencies but for end clients with such requirements as well.

For pharma approval, you can request Google to approve the MCC (as you work for the parent pharma company) which would hold good for all child accounts.

For billing, you can ask respective pharma agencies to use their own CC (if you'd want them to pay for their account) or use one CC across accounts if it is the parent company that pays for all accounts.

Feel free to write back if you're facing issues or need clarity!

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We Are Best Manufecurer Of Pharma Machines.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are pleased  to introduce ourselves as a leading manufacturer and supplier of 

Pharmaceutical machineries & spares like Blister Pack Machine,Deblister Machine,Capsule Polishing Machine.