5.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Pending Status ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I read how my adword campaign will or should be showing a "pending status" someplace..

Where would I see that at..?

Since I am new to this, not absolutely sure I have everything set up correctly after receiving a 100.00 coupon.

Sort of just been sitting on my hands waiting for a confirmation ( email ?? ) letting me know that my campaign has been approved.

Any hooo... I just read about how should be seeing a "pending status"... Figure I should at least be seeing that someplace if I have done the setup properly ??

2 Expert replyverified_user
10 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author glyphman
September 2015

Re: Pending Status ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

There are a couple of areas where you could get that message.

Are you setup for Credit Card Post-pay or Pre-pay? 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Glyphman,

Log into the AdWords account and drill down to the ad copy which is the most frequent problem, regarding approvals. (I.e. Click on the Ads tab in the interface.) The Status column will show you whether or not your ad is running. (Note that all paused and enabled ads are subject to review. How much time it takes depends on a lot of factors.)

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi glyphman, 

To change the campaign name, just click the name, type a new name and click save. In terms of the keyword tool, make sure you type only one kwyword/phrase per line. I'd suggest you watch this video to learn how to use it. What type of a keyword did you look up? Was it a very specific keyword?

Zee

Zee
G+

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi glyphman,

There can be many reasons why your keyword doesn't trigger any of the ads...

You account might be under the review process from Google's side and once it gets approved, your ad willl start displaying.

I am wondering whether you have included the Credit Card details or not. Lot of times I have seen that new advertisers who are provided with Adwords coupons think that they can start using Adwords without entering credit card details, which is actually not the case. You have to include it and once the Adwords coupon is used up, then the Credit Card is billed from Google's side. 

Hope that may be your case!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi glyphman,

It's good to know that you have now entered the CC details. If everything goes fine, you should see your ads getting live on Google search within couple of hours. I would suggest you to wait for sometime and see. Adwords wil first use up your coupon which you have entered and then you will be billed from your credit card as I mentioned above also. For more you can see this how to redeem a coupon.

This article explains how to submit billing info.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 11
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad you managed to change the campaign name. If your billing information is all corect, you should be able to see your ads now as Pankaj mentioned.

My bad, for some reason I thought you're asking about keyword tool. Diagnostic tool is different. Do you include a correct domain, language, location and device? It has to corespondent with your settings. So let's say if you target France and French, your domain needs to be google.fr and language: French. You can also edit the location and device.

Zee

Zee
G+

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 13
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi glyphman

I'm glad you are very patient with all the explanations. Smiley Happy I know it's too much to grasp on one go.

The language and the domain is based on your campaign setting and not on whether your site ends with .com. Here is more about campaign settings, language targeting and geographic targeting

Feel free to contact support and ask them to check if your settings are properly set up and your ads are running. The grey button in the upper right corner will point you to the contact Google page. 

Best of luck,

Zee

Zee
G+

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 16
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi glyphman

To me it looks like one of this issues: 

1. If you getting impressions that means that your ad(s) were approved and are live. However, your keywords might not be often searched for. 

2. Your budget/bid is too low. Please read more here.

If you want to understand what is average position, please read this help center article

Zee

Zee
G+

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 20
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi glyphman

Could you please check if you have any text ads? If you don't have any text ads in your campaign, you won't be able to use this tool. This tool shows only text ads that target Google search. This brings me to another point why you have only a few clicks. Make sure you have also some text ads besides image ads.  

Best,

Zee

Zee
G+

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 23
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey glyphman,

Yes it will, but if your ad is not breaking our advertising policies majority of ads are approved automatically. So I'm guessing your ads should be up and live. You can visit the Ads tab in your account and see if the status next to your ads says "approved".

Cheers,

Zee

Zee
G+

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

There are a couple of areas where you could get that message.

Are you setup for Credit Card Post-pay or Pre-pay? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Glyphman,

Log into the AdWords account and drill down to the ad copy which is the most frequent problem, regarding approvals. (I.e. Click on the Ads tab in the interface.) The Status column will show you whether or not your ad is running. (Note that all paused and enabled ads are subject to review. How much time it takes depends on a lot of factors.)

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, it is now showing a couple of impressions recorded  !

I imagine that is a good indicator that something is happening !

I have two more questions for now..

1)  How do I change the name of my campaign..? It is presently just titled "starter campaign", and I just read that the title should include some key words.

2) When I  use the "ad preview and diagnosis".. I am typing in key words. I assume that is all I need to do. When I do though, and hit the "preview" tab, this is what I get..

" The keyword phrase you've entered doesn't currently trigger any of your ads."

Help with these two questions would be great !

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi glyphman, 

To change the campaign name, just click the name, type a new name and click save. In terms of the keyword tool, make sure you type only one kwyword/phrase per line. I'd suggest you watch this video to learn how to use it. What type of a keyword did you look up? Was it a very specific keyword?

Zee

Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi glyphman,

There can be many reasons why your keyword doesn't trigger any of the ads...

You account might be under the review process from Google's side and once it gets approved, your ad willl start displaying.

I am wondering whether you have included the Credit Card details or not. Lot of times I have seen that new advertisers who are provided with Adwords coupons think that they can start using Adwords without entering credit card details, which is actually not the case. You have to include it and once the Adwords coupon is used up, then the Credit Card is billed from Google's side. 

Hope that may be your case!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First off, I forgot to answer a previous question..

I am using advertising creditscoupon  to pay for my campaign.

Zee,

I changed the campaign name to "Chinese Snuff Bottles"

Key words.. Phrases per line inlcude :

chinese snuff bottle

antique chinese snuff bottle

chinese snuff bottle society

chinese snuff bottles history

inside painted chinese snuff bottle

Those are the phrases I am typing into the "ad prview and diagnostics" tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just now entered my credit card info vie the "add new form of payment" button.

That was the only place I could find ...  Was that the correct thing to do, and I assume that my campaign will start in on the advertising credits/coupon before dipping inot my credit card ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, my credit card was just charged one dollar.. That is what I have my daily campaign amount set to for now.

So apparently I have done something wrong for my card to be charged instead of the advertising credits being used first ..

Any suggestions..

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi glyphman,

It's good to know that you have now entered the CC details. If everything goes fine, you should see your ads getting live on Google search within couple of hours. I would suggest you to wait for sometime and see. Adwords wil first use up your coupon which you have entered and then you will be billed from your credit card as I mentioned above also. For more you can see this how to redeem a coupon.

This article explains how to submit billing info.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj