Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Peel and stick method for well performing keyword

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have several keywords in an adgroup that performing well(CTR & conversion are fine) but none of them is mentioned in headline of adcopy. I want to create new adgroups with those keywords so I can mention keyword in headline but If I will create new adgroup and place those keywords in new adgroup but I know If I will do that QS will decrease (current QS =9) because there will b eno historical data (impression, click).

Should I create new adgroup for those keyword? Please help me out

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author santosh s
September 2015

Re: Peel and stick method for well performing keyword

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

There is no guarantee that 1 particular Ad from 3 will trigger a particular keyword from all those belonging to the Ad Group. But you can study what combinations of Ads+Keywords were triggered using in the Ads tab the button Segment and choosing the segment "Keyword/placement" .

My guess is this :

Let say that the keyword you want in the headline is called "keyword1"

If the combination OldAd1+keyword1 and OldAd2+keyword1 are currently generating a QS of 9/10, then the combination of NewAd3+keyword1 will be better , and potentially increase the QS for keyword1 .

If you want a guarantee of new ads triggering only those keywords, pause them in the old ad group , this will allow you to resume them without losing statistics, and add them to a new ad group with ads containing them in the Headline. If after a reasonable amount of impressions you do not get a QS of 10/10 , you can simply delete this new ad group and resume those keywords in the old ad group.

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Why avoiding to create new Ads in the Ad Groups which you already have with those keywords ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I am already using other keywords in headline and those keywords also performing well (better than those keywords that is not mentioned in headline).That is why I dont want to change the adcopy and want to create new ad group with other keywords so I can mention keyword in headline.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't suggest changing the old Ads, but to add new Ads with the headline containing those QS 9 keywords, in the same ad group. Since they have QS of 9/10 they are already relevant to the existing Ads and they will be more relevant to new ads containing them in the Headline.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok last question. currently I have two ad copy and I will create one more ad copy with other keywords(qs=9) in headline as you said above but I want to know what is the gurantee that new ad will always trigger for other keywords the old ad could also trigger for those keywords.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author santosh s
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

There is no guarantee that 1 particular Ad from 3 will trigger a particular keyword from all those belonging to the Ad Group. But you can study what combinations of Ads+Keywords were triggered using in the Ads tab the button Segment and choosing the segment "Keyword/placement" .

My guess is this :

Let say that the keyword you want in the headline is called "keyword1"

If the combination OldAd1+keyword1 and OldAd2+keyword1 are currently generating a QS of 9/10, then the combination of NewAd3+keyword1 will be better , and potentially increase the QS for keyword1 .

If you want a guarantee of new ads triggering only those keywords, pause them in the old ad group , this will allow you to resume them without losing statistics, and add them to a new ad group with ads containing them in the Headline. If after a reasonable amount of impressions you do not get a QS of 10/10 , you can simply delete this new ad group and resume those keywords in the old ad group.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Adrian B.