Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Paying for $1.01+ Keywords in an Account linked to Google Grants

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to set-up a "paid" campaign within my Google Grants AdWords account (i.e. pay over $1.00 for keywords in a campaign)? 

I am aware of the $1.00 keyword budget within Google Grants, but I would also like to run one or two paid campaigns that go beyond $1.00 keyword bids. We have a small budget that we would like to use in Adwords.

I'm sure that I could set-up an entirely new AdWords account to facilitate this, but would like to know if it is allowed and/or possible to do it in my existing account that is linked to Google Grants. 

Any insights would be appreciated.

-K

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Paying for $1.01+ Keywords in an Account linked to Google Grants

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Klougas,

As I just posted in RRC's thread, I wanted to share with you that there is a dedicated forum specifically for Google Grants Help.  Chances are that many of the challenges you face have been explored there already.

In this case RRC is definitely correct, you are wedded to the $1.00 CPC through the Grants program.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

RRC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
RRC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The answer to this is no. Google grants treat all charities the same and other charities would be at a disadvantage if you were allowed to increase your bid above the agreed $1 Also people paying for their ads would not be able to compete. Google grants are very generous with the amounts they give to charities. The best way forward is as you say and set-up an entirely new AdWords account to facilitate this.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Klougas,

As I just posted in RRC's thread, I wanted to share with you that there is a dedicated forum specifically for Google Grants Help.  Chances are that many of the challenges you face have been explored there already.

In this case RRC is definitely correct, you are wedded to the $1.00 CPC through the Grants program.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’