AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Pay Per Click strategy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I  have been tasked with creating a Pay Per Click strategy for an automotive client.

I have been given a budget of £20,000 for one month of PPC activity. Main priority is car sale.

 What channels should I use?

 How will I apportion budget between these channels?

I might want to consider any combination of the below channels.

 Google AdWords – Search

 Google Display Network

 Google Remarketing (Search & Display)

 Trueview Advertising

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Pay Per Click strategy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nupur,

This is a very generic question and a lot will depend upon the existing account structure. Also the history of the account in terms of campaigns type would play a crucial role in deciding your future AdWords strategy.

Search Network, Display remarketing would be crucial areas to look upon. Also, the kind of videos if available would help in brand engagement. Again budget allocation would really depend upon how successful the account has been in the past with different channels that can be targeted using AdWords.

Pankaj 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,
Thank you for your kind reply. Its a brand new client and has no past data. videos are available for trueview campaign. Budget allocation is something I am not able to do in terms of giving which channel priority and how PPC budgets should be spent to maximise their return on investment.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Nupur,

In that case, you should ideally be looking at utilizing the budget that serves both the purposes i.e. generating leads and brand building. For generating leads, you will have to send the customers directly to the landing page which provides best in class deals around the cars so that chances of getting leads/sales improves.

At the sametime, Brand building is equally important and advertisers should invest some portion of budget on that as well i.e. Video Campaigns, Display Network campaigns etc.

Here you can find details on structuring your account:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375470?hl=en

How do you choose your bid and budget can be implemented using this reference:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375454?hl=en

I hope this helps!

Pankaj