Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Pausing multiple accounts at once

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello community,

I was wondering, is there is a way to pause multiple AdWords Accounts under one MCC at once? I'm curious if there is a faster way instead of going into each individual account to pause the campaign(s).

Thank you,

Jillian

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jillian S
November 2016

Re: Pausing multiple accounts at once

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jillian,

It sounds like you are still on the account page, not the campaign page. You aren't technically pausing the accounts. You are pausing all the campaigns for that account. You can't pause the campaigns from the "Account" screen in the MCC view. You have to click on the "campaign" at the top off the MCC screen to show a grid with all campaigns for all clients. From there you can choose which campaigns to pause. See the screenshot below. Note the red squares.

Campaign Management – Google AdWords.png

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jillian,

If you are in the MCC account view (shows all your accounts), click on "Campaign" at the very top of the screen to show all campaigns. From there you can pause the campaigns you wish without going into each individual account.

Hope that helped.

David

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @David G,

I tried this but the option to pause each account is not there.

Thanks for your help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jillian,

Try giving the accounts labels, and selecting them by label in the campaign tab. Works for me.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @JumpStar S,

I have the specific accounts I wish to pause labeled. Unfortunately I cannot find an option to pause all of the labeled accounts even if they are all selected.

Thanks for your help!

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Do you have admin access to the MCC?

Gear icon at the top right > Account Settings > Account Access

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@RobSkelton

Yes I do

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jillian S
November 2016

Re: Pausing multiple accounts at once

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jillian,

It sounds like you are still on the account page, not the campaign page. You aren't technically pausing the accounts. You are pausing all the campaigns for that account. You can't pause the campaigns from the "Account" screen in the MCC view. You have to click on the "campaign" at the top off the MCC screen to show a grid with all campaigns for all clients. From there you can choose which campaigns to pause. See the screenshot below. Note the red squares.

Campaign Management – Google AdWords.png