Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Pausing Keywords - Display Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Guys,

I'm running two separate Display Campaigns. One runs on just Placements where I know my customers are (Display - Select campaign).

The other runs on both Placements & Keywords, so my ads will show on a wider range of sites(Display - General campaign).

My question is;

Will having a list of paused keywords in my 'Display Select' campaign (placements only) show my ads on a wider range of sites - which I don't want for my Display Select Campaign. Should I just delete the keywords in this campaign to ensure my ads only show in chosen placements?

Only reason I ask is I get the following message when I pause all keywords;

'Your ads can now show on all eligible keywords'

'Pausing the last of your keyword targeting for the following ad groups will allow your ads to show on all but excluded keywords:'

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Re: Pausing Keywords - Display Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Spoiler

Will having a list of paused keywords in my 'Display Select' campaign (placements only) show my ads on a wider range of sites - which I don't want for my Display Select Campaign. Should I just delete the keywords in this campaign to ensure my ads only show in chosen placements?

'Pausing the last of your keyword targeting for the following ad groups will allow your ads to show on all but excluded keywords:

Yes,if you pause all keywords from the ad-group, that has a "Placements and Keywords" targeting. When you pause/delete the keywords, now the ads will serve only on placements.  That's why you getting such message. You can ignore that message, because in your message, Google says "all eligible keywords".

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Re: Pausing Keywords - Display Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Spoiler

'Pausing the last of your keyword targeting for the following ad groups will allow your ads to show on all but excluded keywords:

Yes,if you pause all keywords from the ad-group, that has a "Placements and Keywords" targeting. When you pause/delete the keywords, now the ads will serve only on placements.  That's why you getting such message. You can ignore that message, because in your message, Google says "all eligible keywords".

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Pausing Keywords - Display Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay,

Thanks Rakesh!

I'm very happy to receive your help in confirming what I suspected.

I'll pause the keywords so my ads for the campaign only show on placements.

Best Regards