AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Paused campaigns still checked by Google?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

We are setting up a new website momentarily and are very close to (re)launching it. In order to be present online we decided to create new adword campaigns prior to the launch of our site. However, the real budgets have not yet been determined and most landing pages still need to be created. Ads and campaigns are already in adwords though.

Now my question is: as the budgets I have given are not the final budgets we would like to use and the correct landing pages still need to be created/updated (right now the landing page is the incorrect, but a valid webpage of our older website), I would like to pause my campaigns and activate them the moment we go online. Are campaigns and especially the ads, which are currently "under inspection"/"Not yet allowed by Google" still being checked when paused? I know it usually takes one to three business days for Google to check the ads you create and it would be efficient for us if we can create the campaigns prior to us being relaunched, pause them but the ads still being checked by Google, so that we can determine proper budgets later without having the risk now of suddenly going online and wasting money or losing time with the one to three business days that Google needs to check our ads.

Is this possible in one way or another? Thank you very much in advance for your answer. I hope my question is clear.

With kind regards,

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joris S
September 2015

Re: Paused campaigns still checked by Google?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Joris S;

The scenario you are describing is the reason why paused ads are checked. So, they will be ready in a "stack" for the exact moment you need to launch your campaign.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot! That is exactly what I hoped to hear, very helpful!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Joris S,

Be careful when doing this. If you create ads before the landing page, those ads would be disapproved. The destination URL can not point to a page that returns a 404 not found error. If the ads point to the old landing pages, they will need to go through approval process again when you update the destination URL.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Pete raises a good point, that for me is a "goes without saying" practice. It certainly should not be forgotten...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That makes absolute sense. In that way, it still means we would have to wait the one to three business days Google needs as soon as we update our current but not yet approved ads.

Oh well, that is something we have to take into consideration then. At least we have our campaigns online now, but paused. And since that is pretty time consuming I am happy that that at least is done.

Thank you for the heads up though!