Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Paused Ad Group has been removed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all. I'm in a slight panic here.

Over the weekend we had some problems with our company website, so I went into Google Adwords and paused two different ad groups as they are quite costly per click. 

With the site now back online I've gone back to Adwords and not it's saying 'no ad groups' under the campaigns and asking if I want to create a new ad group! I only paused them, where have they gone? I've set up a number of them with lots of keywords and a fantastic history of information. I can't imagine Adwords would have deleted them, but where are they? I'm using the new design of Adwords.

Thanks

Nicholas.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nic S
April 2017

Re: Paused Ad Group has been removed

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'm sorry to hear that @Nic S.

For the sake of speed, I'd recommend reverting back to the old AdWords interface so that you can at least get back up and running (hopefully). You can always switch back to the new interface after re-activating them anyway.

In the top right corner of the interface you should see three vertical dots. Click on this and then Return to previous AdWords, located in the header part of this expanded menu.

Again, let us know if you still can't see them in the old interface.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Nic S,

It sounds filter related to me. Go to the Ad Groups tab, click on the three lines that look like an upside-down triangle and you should see a sub-menu pop up. Click on All non-active ad groups from this list, and then you should hopefully be able to see the paused ad groups.

In addition to this, you might want to check the status of your campaign...

If you still can't see the ad groups then let us know so we can try something else Smiley Happy

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sadly, that's not worked. I can see how that should have worked, but I was expecting to see the ad group to enable me to re-activate it from the drop down. Campaign status is active (green light)

Capture.JPG

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nic S
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'm sorry to hear that @Nic S.

For the sake of speed, I'd recommend reverting back to the old AdWords interface so that you can at least get back up and running (hopefully). You can always switch back to the new interface after re-activating them anyway.

In the top right corner of the interface you should see three vertical dots. Click on this and then Return to previous AdWords, located in the header part of this expanded menu.

Again, let us know if you still can't see them in the old interface.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would you believe it. That's fixed it. 

So it seems that if you are using the new version of Google Adwords and you pause an ad group, the only way to reactivate it is to go to the old version of Adwords and reactivate it.

Thanks for your help.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I'm glad to hear it @Nic S!