5.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

PST vs EST Time Scheduling

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running a national campaign from the west coast, I set the time for 8-5.  Does adwords adjust for that, or will my ads begin running at 11am in New York? 

For example should I change my time from 5-5 to hit the entire country? (Sorry Hawaii) 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: PST vs EST Time Scheduling

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

When you set Ad Scheduling for the hours that your campaign will be active, it uses the time zone of the account.

So, yes, an account set to Pacific time and scheduled to activate at 8:00am will not start serving ads in New York until 11:00 am. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

When you set Ad Scheduling for the hours that your campaign will be active, it uses the time zone of the account.

So, yes, an account set to Pacific time and scheduled to activate at 8:00am will not start serving ads in New York until 11:00 am. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Ben,

AdWords considers your account time zone to schedule ads. In this case, you'll have to manually calculate the time difference (between your account time zone & target location time zone) and schedule ads accordingly. You can find your account time zone under preferences. Screenshot here. More about ad schedule here, under adjusting for time zone differences.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar