2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

PPC for low search volume keywords?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Is it good to choose PPC for low volume keywords?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Farheen,

No, I don't think it is practically good to bid on those keywords. Reason being AdWords will not be showing ads on keywords that are low search volume. That's because it actually degrades the overall AdWords performance when the system actually knows that there are very very low users searching for those particular terms. Your ads will only start showing when the system knows that there are enough searches happening for those terms. More details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2616014?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks pankaj,

I got your point but then can you tell me what can be a good option for product promotion for which i want to create a detailed landing page and convert that to generate query.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You can work on building the effective list of keywords with good search volume that map back to your landing page. Once you implement the keywords, then start analyzing the search terms regularly. If the queries are relevant and are converting, then you can add them as keywords inside the account. Similarly, if the terms are not relevant to your keywords, you could think of adding them to the account as negative keywords. Use this help center doc to start building your keywords:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453981?hl=en

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Farheen,

In my opinion & experience dont go with keywords with 'Low search Volume'. Rather start with a border approach try different match types & Check search term report later to look at what people are actually searching for & narrow down your campaign.   

Hope this will help..Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

In addition to what pankaj said, having low volume keywords can still be beneficial because they will likely be very cheap. However, you should not only rely on the low volume keywords because of their little traffic and visibility. Add some higher volume keywords with broad or broad match modified along with the low volume keywords.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree with @Dean E, speaking out in defense of low-volume keywords.  Some of them are the proverbial "long tail" keywords which although rarely clicked, can be high converters.  You usually are not well advised to build a campaign around them, and many of them can be duds; however I have seen some of them work in many campaigns to augment the higher-volume keywords.  I therefore sometimes like to give them some "time to work" before pausing the duds.