5.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

PPC for Affiliate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone i want to use PPC for my affiliate site, can i use it ??

Actually I will create my ecommerce website and on the "Buy Now" button I will connect it with the affiliate link so visitor can buy product using my affiliate, my site will be like other ecommerce website and visitor will not be able to know this is a affiliate site, PPC traffic will come to my website not on the vendor site. so is it acceptable as per the google adwords policy.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: PPC for Affiliate

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello, Dave.

No, it would not work. You'd violate this policy: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/190435

So you either have to sell the product on your website or advertise the website that sells those products, while redirecting the click via the tracking link.

Of course, that would mean that you may compete with all other affiliates in the AdWords auction, but that's the whole point. Google does not want to show more than one ad, for one search query, which points (after all redirects) to the website selling the same things.

If they would not enforce this policy, we might end up with a search result page filled with ads from 11 different affiliates, each selling the same product. And that would create a very bad experience for the person performing the search.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Its acceptable but what matters is unique content. Make sure you include unique content on your website. If needed allow users to leave comments on your website. This will increase the uniqueness.

Thanks,
Siva.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello, Dave.

No, it would not work. You'd violate this policy: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/190435

So you either have to sell the product on your website or advertise the website that sells those products, while redirecting the click via the tracking link.

Of course, that would mean that you may compete with all other affiliates in the AdWords auction, but that's the whole point. Google does not want to show more than one ad, for one search query, which points (after all redirects) to the website selling the same things.

If they would not enforce this policy, we might end up with a search result page filled with ads from 11 different affiliates, each selling the same product. And that would create a very bad experience for the person performing the search.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Site will be unique with completely unique content and images but it will connect with the affiliate link for the purchase page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Calin

Thanks for replying but if i will offer some discount even then it will violate adwords policy ??

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
If you have unique content i advice you to go ahead. The thing is Google does not have a problem with affiliates. The problem to them is un-original content. Once you have great content, with reviews, good images, recommendations, you can go ahead without any problem.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hello, Dave.

Please have a look at the video in the page I've linked to. It sums everything up way better than I could do it.

I'm not certain about the idea of having people think that your website is actually selling them stuff (people do tend to believe that when they land on an e-commerce website) and then having them click away to another website. I don't see what "added functionality" (see the end of the video) your website would provide, even if you would see that the "unique content" part is there.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
@AdWiser To be frank unique content and usability are the things i expect as a user. I don't see a point here. If you argue that google won't allow duplicate websites in Google Adwords then unfortunately they have to take down Amazon firstSmiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
@Dave and @StructuredPPC

I think it's important to read between the lines here, just like with many of AdWords' policies.

My rule of thumb is as follows:
If you take away all your affiliate links on a particular landing page, would you still pay to promote it on AdWords?

If the answer is no, then you're doing nothing more than inserting yourself into the buying cycle, effectively arbitraging the sale and in a lot of cases, causing confusion to the user.

Amazon sells products on it's website. There's no comparison there.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
@Dave_Davis

Thats what the newspapers and also informational sites do. They just relay the subject taken from the parent website in a different dimension. It may be a opinion, feedback, rating, criticism about a given subject.

I am misunderstand on Amazon case. Ok, let us leave alone amazon. But what you will say of Google ShoppingSmiley Happy