AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

PPC Budget Allocation: How to get 400 conversions in a Day?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an website on web hosting theme. The primary keywords VPS hosting, dedicated web hosting, cloud hosting such keywords. How should I do strategic plan my budget to get 300+ conversions per day. Lets say I would target sample of 5-6 keywords related to product/offerings are:-

Please explain in steps with technical aspects and formula's. I am beginner newbie in Adwords.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: PPC Budget Allocation: How to get 400 conversions in a Day?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Nancy.

Mathematically, everything should be simple. But, as you know, although in theory practice and theory should be the same, in practice they are not Smiley Happy.

Check the landing pages that have brought you conversions so far, in Google Analytics. Write down their conversion rates.

From then on, head over to Webmaster Tools and see what are the main search queries that brought traffic to those pages. Hopefully the keywords you've listed above are among the top ones.

Study your competition for those keywords and write better ads than they do, making full use of all available extensions.

See how you're doing after a while, with regards to impression share, ad position and conversion rate.

Assuming that the search volume for your keywords is SV, your click-through rate is CTR, your conversion rate is CVR and your impression share is IS then you need to solve for SV x IS x CTR x CVR > 400, every day.

Meanwhile you will pay SV x CTR x IS x CPC, every day.

You won't be able to increase the search volume, but you'll be able to increase your impression share by raising the relevance of your ads and landing pages to your keywords and by raising budgets and bids. While doing that, your CTR will go up as well. Double win.

You'll also be able to increase your conversion rate by working on your landing page and making sure that search terms, ads and landing pages are all aligned and that the potential customer, once on the landing page, sees exactly what she needs to see and that the price is also right.

Will you, however, reach 400+ conversions (I presume you mean new hosting contracts) every day? I have no idea. As you can see there are many factors that influence that. And at the end of the day, even if you get everything right, you still need to make sure that the price you pay to get the traffic you need is profitable as well. Because spending 5k on AdWords, every day, in order to sell 400 contracts worth 10$ a month might mean that you're hitting one target and missing another.

Hope it helps and that I've covered the main factors at stake.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Nancy,

As you mentioned you are newbie and expecting 300+ conversions per day which is a very very difficult task for experts also. I would suggest to go with get quality visits with couple of inquiries in week.

Work on Keywords (Keyword tool) which help you get suggested bid. Create ads with best Landing page experience and run your ads. Once you will eligible then do the various experiments such as sitelinks and all.

As you have 5-6 keywords very competitive keywords, you have to pay high amount for ad position. Keep Claim, Read, do experiments and get the success to get right ROI.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Nancy,

Focus on your relevant Keywords and assign more budget to them. Keep your bids at competitive level, but getting 300 conversions from start its very tough. First you need to learn about PPC and then you can spend money strategically.

Regards,
Rupesh
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Nancy.

Mathematically, everything should be simple. But, as you know, although in theory practice and theory should be the same, in practice they are not Smiley Happy.

Check the landing pages that have brought you conversions so far, in Google Analytics. Write down their conversion rates.

From then on, head over to Webmaster Tools and see what are the main search queries that brought traffic to those pages. Hopefully the keywords you've listed above are among the top ones.

Study your competition for those keywords and write better ads than they do, making full use of all available extensions.

See how you're doing after a while, with regards to impression share, ad position and conversion rate.

Assuming that the search volume for your keywords is SV, your click-through rate is CTR, your conversion rate is CVR and your impression share is IS then you need to solve for SV x IS x CTR x CVR > 400, every day.

Meanwhile you will pay SV x CTR x IS x CPC, every day.

You won't be able to increase the search volume, but you'll be able to increase your impression share by raising the relevance of your ads and landing pages to your keywords and by raising budgets and bids. While doing that, your CTR will go up as well. Double win.

You'll also be able to increase your conversion rate by working on your landing page and making sure that search terms, ads and landing pages are all aligned and that the potential customer, once on the landing page, sees exactly what she needs to see and that the price is also right.

Will you, however, reach 400+ conversions (I presume you mean new hosting contracts) every day? I have no idea. As you can see there are many factors that influence that. And at the end of the day, even if you get everything right, you still need to make sure that the price you pay to get the traffic you need is profitable as well. Because spending 5k on AdWords, every day, in order to sell 400 contracts worth 10$ a month might mean that you're hitting one target and missing another.

Hope it helps and that I've covered the main factors at stake.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.