AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

PLA ads setup for Google.com

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a store at New Zealand, where I give free shipping.

Now I want to setup a PLA listing so that the customers those use google.com from newzealand can benefit. For this can I mention the shipping detail like : Free Shipping at New Zealand, with Country "New Zealand" as atrribute .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Billy T
September 2015

Re: PLA ads setup for Google.com

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWords has the ability to detect the location of a user when he/she performs a search, no matter what google domain they use.

Campaigns have location targeting. I think If you will use location targeting to target new Zeeland, you will receive no impressions, no matter if users type google.com instead of the local domain to initiate a search. 

This is because the functionality of Product listing ads is restricted in certain countries which you can target , explained here : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454022?hl=en

"

Note

Product Listing Ads are available in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the U.K., and the U.S."

If you want to setup the campaign to target one of the above countries however, than PLA can be used.

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

As far as I know the best place to specify free shipping in a PLA campaign is the promotions field , as explained here in message 2 :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-approvals-and-advertising/Can-free-shipping-be-used-as-pa...

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Adrian, Thanks for your reply.

And is it good to use google.com if I target New Zealand people using PLA ads as the google.co.nz doesnt use PLA currently .

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Billy T
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWords has the ability to detect the location of a user when he/she performs a search, no matter what google domain they use.

Campaigns have location targeting. I think If you will use location targeting to target new Zeeland, you will receive no impressions, no matter if users type google.com instead of the local domain to initiate a search. 

This is because the functionality of Product listing ads is restricted in certain countries which you can target , explained here : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454022?hl=en

"

Note

Product Listing Ads are available in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the U.K., and the U.S."

If you want to setup the campaign to target one of the above countries however, than PLA can be used.