5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Overseas Support

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I have submitted a formal complaint twice about the level of support that I receive in the country that I reside. So far I have not received any response.

The live chat is unavailable all day, every day for over 2 weeks.

When I do get to speak to someone, they do not seem to know about AdWords.

It has taken 3 days talking to a support agent, 3 hours per day, yet all we have done is setup a campaign and add re-marketing.

Support of any kind, from any company within the Philippines is nearly always sub par.

Unfortunately this is happening with Google too. Something changed as 6 months ago the support was great when I was working for another client.

The endless usage of slang such as "Ya" and "Yah" as well as incorrect and perplexing usage of English is bad enough. Nevermind the constant usage of smilies within messages and emails. Also, it regularly takes 10-20 minutes for the agent to reply to a question that I ask within live chat.

In short, I need support and I need it from someone who knows about the product that they are supporting. I need support from a team outside the Philippines as I am getting nowhere with the unresponsive and constantly offline support that is currently available within the Philippines.

Whom do I contact about  this and how?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Overseas Support

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi David,

We cannot change how things work in an entire country, but perhaps forum members can help you with your problem. So what is your particular issue that needs our attention?

Best,
Lakatos

Overseas Support

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I didnt expect anyone to change how a whole country works. The support here from Google was great until about 6 months ago when everything went to hell in a handbasket.

The primary problem I have is obtaining support when needed. The live chat (which is stated as being 24/7 but the email support team claimed was 10-6 mon-fri) was offline permanently for nearly 3 weeks.

When I need support, I really need to get it asap. While I appreciate that members can provide assistance, I do feel that Google should be addressing the issues with their support so that paying customers can receive the support that they need.

I have already sent a formal complaint to Google about this twice and the complaint has not yet been addressed.

The issues with getting support have caused many delays.

Do google have a complaint team who I can contact and get a reply from?

Overseas Support

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi David,

Thanks for answering. What I had on mind was that perhaps we could assist you with some of the issues that you originally wanted to discuss with Google reps.  

In your situation, we usually click on the cogwheel in the upper right corner of your AdWords account and select a proper way to contect AdWords. In particular, you may find a number to call on this page:

***   Worldwide Phone Support Information   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067?hl=en

Best,

Lakatos

Overseas Support

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello and thanks again for you reply. Unfortunately the local number listed is international.

I have many issues with the service I have received and issued a formal complaint a total of 3 times. It has been entirely ignored.

I really need live chat as I need to screenshare to show the agent the issues that I am seeing and receive support for other issues.

With live chat being unavailable all day every day (except one fluke time when there was someone there) coupled with the email support I received where the agent knew literally nothing about the product and guided me incorrectly which then needed to be deleted and done again, I need someone I can speak to from google.

Just one example, I needed to have them check the remarketing settings I had used as they didnt seem right and the article they linked do was actually the wrong article.

On day one, she spent 3.5 hours setting up the campaign alone.

On day two, she spent 4 hours setting up the advert.

On day three, she spent an 1.5 hours "getting answers" about connecting adwords with analytics for remarketing and the end result was that she didnt know the answer.

After all of this, it turned out that the way she had setup the campaign was incorrect and it needed to be deleted.

I never had problems when I worked with my last client or worked in the UK.

I dont want to get into too many details in a public place, but the formal complaint that I sent 3 times (which was ignored) contains all the items I have issues with.

Sadly, none of the local support are willing to do anything with it and I bet money that they simply deleted as doing so is a very common practice here.

In short, how do I contact Google in a way that they will actually address the issues raised? As I am sure you can understand, a service like this which offers staff to help you configure it, but then has no staff who know enough about it, plus no staff who are available, it makes it an empty promise.

Overseas Support

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I called Google UK who confirmed that the campaign that the agent set up for us was done so incorrectly and would result in zero impressions because it did not contain the correct details that would generate a single impression.

Unfortunately, she also said that she could provide no way to contact Google out of the country where I currently live.

In short, I am stuck with live chat that is never live, agents who do not know how adwords works and an offer to setup the campaigns which can never be fulfilled.

It is so sad to see that Google had gone down hill so much that my Bing campaign is drastically overtaking my Google campaign by a factor of 10x.

And Google say that there is no way I can escalate my formal complaint to any level where anyone would actually address it.

Any suggestions as to how I can obtain live support so that I can go through the issues would be greatly appreciated.

I set another email today asking for a manager to call me to address the 3 formal complaints that have this far been ignored. I bet that no one ever calls me about it and the communication is simply deleted as has been the case in the past.

Overseas Support

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

David, I do feel your pain. Trying to escalate your case. No promises, of course. 

Best,

Lakatos

Overseas Support

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. I really do appreciate it.

In the meantime, I sent them another complaint asking for the issues in the formal complaint to be addressed. Once again, they deleted it and did not respond, which is actually the standard response in this country.

I called UK Support who said that the campaign that the local support agent setup was completely broken on every level and would never work due to the mistakes made when setting it up. The sad thing is that it took them 4 days to set it up and I needed to be there with them!

Every day I check live chat and every day it is offline. I have screenshots from every day I try to contact support. I also have screenshots of the complaint I sent to them which they deleted and did not respond to.

This is really not the support that I have received from Google in the past.

I really appreciate your help. I hope that this results in some form of support from staff who know the services that they are supporting.

The one support agent who did email me (and made a complete mess of the campaign) has been emailed asking for someone to call me to address the other issues raised. We are so far behind schedule, it is insane and our Bing Ads are out-performing Google by a factor of 10x which shouldnt be the case as Bing is tiny by comparison.

Overseas Support

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I wanted to provide a quick update and thank you again for your help so far.

1) No one has called me even though I have contacted AdWords 3 times to ask for a manager to call me.

2) Every day I have been checking for live support via AdWords and every single day it is unavailable. I have screenshots that show this.

3) I emailed the member of staff who was assisting me, but managed to make so many mistakes that the UK team advised that I pause the campaign as it was of no use. It has been 6 (SIX) days since I last emailed her and still I have no reply from her.

4) I have now submitted a formal complaint 4 times and not a single person has responded about it.

I wouldnt mind if I was having an issue with Analytics, which is a free service, but I am paying for a service and the company assures me that live chat is 24/7 and email replies take no longer than 24 hours.

What else can I do? This has gone from a simple question to a formal complaint and now possible further action all because they failed to provide any relevant support. When I called the UK team they were shocked, but sadly couldnt provide online support for our account.

Overseas Support

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi David,

I am a volunteer in this forum. This is to let you know that a Community Manager at Google's HQ has also raised this with the rep and their manager which translates for me you'll hopefully be contacted. It may seem a bit slow to you, however, it is due to extra work burden at MTV. - No promises, of course.

Best,

Lakatos