AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Out of 18000 impressions i got one sale what am doing wrong?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I handmake mens leather wallets and fine ladies purses and boxes

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Out of 18000 impressions i got one sale what am doing wrong?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
You might not be doing anything wrong at all.

What did you pay for 18K impressions? What did you make off the sale? What is your net revenue per 1,000 impressions, and what is your Cost Per thousand iMpressions (CPM)?

Tom

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Jonathon,

Good question.

I recommend that instead of focusing on how many impressions you receive, you focus on your conversion rate (number of sales divided by number of clicks).

The average ecommerce conversion rate is 3%, meaning that on average, 3 people out of every 100 visitors to your website become customers. That's a very broad average, and conversion rates in your niche may be different than that.

Here's what I recommend:

1. Look at your search terms report to see what words people are searching before seeing and clicking your ads. Are the search terms relevant? If not, you'll need to change your keyword strategy to make sure you're targeting relevant keywords.

2. If you are getting a decent volume of relevant search traffic to your website, analyze the landing pages to which you are sending the traffic to look for ways to improve your conversion rate. Is it easy for people to purchase from you? Do you offer multiple payment options (credit card, PayPal, etc.)? Do you provide high-quality images and descriptions of your products? Do you display customer testimonials to prove your credibility?

I hope that helps!

John

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Hi,

Are users getting hung up in the checkout process? Target keywords with the user intent and focus on your most profitable keywords. What devices are your users using do your sales come from desktop, mobile or both? Have you identified negative keywords?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
hi Jonathon D,

You could be doing everything right. here are a few more things i could do:
are you advertising on the right websites?
could you narrow your targeting to match your current customers?
try different images or ad text to see if you will be succesful

regards

Zaby

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You have made good suggestions what is your line of work???