AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Optimize for conversions: After how many days will the ad adopt this rotation setting?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have added a new ad group to my campaign and have selected rotation setting as, "optimize for conversions". I read in Google support articles that the setting would need 90 days period to take effect. Is it true or how much time does the ad take to adopt the rotation setting?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Optimize for conversions: After how many days will the ad adopt this rotation setting?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello @saurabh s,

You can enable Optimize for Conversion as your Ad Rotation settings, if your campaign provides atleast 15 conversions per month.

Thanks,

Manikandan G.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I am getting 15 conversions and choose to optimize for conversions. Will the ads be automatically optimized with immediate effect?

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Yes @saurabh s,

Ads expected to provide more conversions are delivered more often into the ad auction with immediate effect.

Thanks,

Manikandan G.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Saurabh,

If you have enough conversion data then its fine to use this ad rotation setting.

Keep in mind: Your ad group might receive fewer clicks, but it's likely to receive more conversions, which can result in an improved return on investment. If there isn't enough conversion data to determine which ad is likely to provide the most conversions, ads will rotate to optimize for clicks.

Please go through the different ad rotation settings in details.

For your reference:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/112876?hl=en

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you are referring to ad rotation settings

When you set ad rotation to "optimize for conversions", Google Adwords will show the ad that are expected to provide more conversions. If there isn't enough data to determine which ad will provide the most conversions, ads will rotate using optimize for clicks data. There is no 90 days period here. 

The 90-day period exists in the Rotate evenly ad rotation setting. 

best regards

Rafay