Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Opening Static Image for Video Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Howdy,

I've got videos uploaded by a previous Campaign Manager and I'm trying to upload the Opening Static Image that will be seen prior to the video playing.

How do I do this? I've tried editing the ad, and it offers me the companion image (that's not what I want as I don't want to upload an ad, but just the intro screen to the video.

Any Help is much obliged.

AH.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Opening Static Image for Video Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi AH, where the opening static comes from depends upon the type of Video Ad chosen, I believe.  For "Promoted" videos, you have a choice of four automaticly chosen frames, while "Click to Play" or "Expandables" allow you to upload opening and closing stills (just opening for Expandables).

Do you know what type of Ads you have?  Can you show a screen shot, or describe what you see on screen when you edit the Ad?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi AH, where the opening static comes from depends upon the type of Video Ad chosen, I believe.  For "Promoted" videos, you have a choice of four automaticly chosen frames, while "Click to Play" or "Expandables" allow you to upload opening and closing stills (just opening for Expandables).

Do you know what type of Ads you have?  Can you show a screen shot, or describe what you see on screen when you edit the Ad?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

you same with me