AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Only one add running but ads not showing because "One of your other ads is already showing for this

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am only running one add.

With a mix of exact match and phrase match keywords.

But I receive the message "One of your other ads is already showing for this keyword" when i try to troubleshoot.

Re: Only one add running but ads not showing because "One of your other ads is already showing

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi William,

Only one keyword in your account can trigger an ad per search term. AdWords system uses a set of preferences to determine which of your keywords to use when you have similar keywords in your account. Find more information here.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a self-promotional signature. Thank you for your understanding.

Re: Only one add running but ads not showing because "One of your other ads is already showing

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi William,

Q :- Why you are getting error message ?

Answer:-  Agree with Nilesh and When a user searches for keywords (related to your ads) the higher ad rank keyword will win the auction and show your ad and that's why you are getting this error message when looking at the keyword diagnosis or troubleshoot.

Suggestions:-

I will recommend to create separate Ad Groups for both Match Type and add negative keywords in exact match type in Phrase Ad Group to ensure this stops occurring.

Please find below the example:-

Campaign Name - Plumbing-Service-Search

Ad Group Name - Plumber-Course-Exact
Keywords - [plumber course]

Ad Group - Plumber-Course-Phrase
Keywords - "plumber course"
Negative Keywords - [plumber course]

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

Re: Only one add running but ads not showing because &quot;One of your other ads is already showing

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @William M,

Good Evening, Hope you are doing well!

Your ad is showing on same keywords in different ad group. You are using mix up of keywords as well as you said before.

You can use keywords diagnosis for checking how many keywords are trigger or how many are not, which is benificial for you. After using this you have some idea if same keywords are showing in exact and phase you can pause as well or you can increase bid. 

I saw most of the cases when you increase bid of keywords, your ad will trigger. (Not recommended, but you can check once)

william_screenshot.JPGHow to check all keywords diagnosis in shot

Thanks

Ashwani Kumar