Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Online Ads Management Terms & Their Meanings With Examples

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Community,

I read a lot about this on internet but more I read and more I hear people using these terms in different contexts, I am getting more puzzled.

Could you please help me understand in layman terms with examples, what the following words mean:

> Ad Server

> Ad serving

> Media Buy

> Ad Exchange

> Ad Trafficking

> Ad Trafficker

> Programmatic Buy

> Programmatic Platforms

> 3rd Party ad server

> 3rd Party media buy
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Online Ads Management Terms & Their Meanings With Examples

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mahesh,

Please learn that this specific Forum focuses on the Google AdWords Program and as a rule we do not discuss off topic issues. The terms you listed seem to relate to online marketing in general, but not to AdWords in particular.

The term "ad serving" is a bit of an exception because we use it when multiple ad copies are housed by an ad group. In such a case, the "% Served" metric shows how often one ad was displayed instead of others in that ad group during a period of time.

As for AdWords, you are advised to please do kindly study the glossary of frequent terms linked to below:

GLOSSARY: Don't know what a term means? See definitions of common AdWords features and concepts, as well as links to additional details or set-up instructions.
https://support.google.com/adwords/topic/3121777?hl=en&ref_topic=3119071

Best,
Lakatos

Re: Online Ads Management Terms & Their Meanings With Examples

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mahesh,

Yes, I agree with @Lakatos this is the AdWords forum and AdWords has no connection with such Advertising terms.

These all terms are related to Doubleclick. https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/6179820?hl=en

Also, If you a query related to Doubleclick, Pls visit the Doubleclick help Forum.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’