2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

One of your other ads is already showing for this keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have only one keyword, one ad, one ad group, and one campaign, yet I still get this when I try to do a preview. Can someone help me figure this out?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: One of your other ads is already showing for this keyword

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi techonovelist,

Do you have that one keyword in multiple match types? That would cause this message to show. While it may be alarming to get this message, the best thing to do here is look at your stats. Is the keyword getting impressions and clicks? If so, you can ignore this message.

Also, if this is a broad match keyword, check your search terms to see what people are searching for.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have only one match type as far as I know. Where would I see that? I tried to attach a screen shot to this message but got an error saying there was invalid html in the message.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Technovelist,

To check your matchtypes, just go to your keywords tab on the interface and your should see your keyword(s) there with either square braces like so, [keyword] or with quotes like, "keyword" or just the keyword.

In case, you are new to AdWords & matchtypes:

[Keyword] is a Exact matchtype keyword
"Keyword" is a Phrase matchtype keyword
keyword is broad matchtype

Lastly, if you have just a single ad and a single keyword, I think the notification is a glitch. The interface does get some of these but they are usually resolved soon enough.

As long as you are recording Clicks, Impressions and Conversions, etc. you are fine.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, it looks like it was a glitch, since I'm not getting that message anymore and I am getting some impressions. Thanks!

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

This is simply telling you that there is cross contamination in your account. Namely that a search query can trigger more than one ad in your account.

You need to make sure that your structure and match typing do not allow for this type of issue, furthermore you need to ensure that you do not have duplicate keywords in your account (differing match types aside).

Thanks
Ashwani Kumar

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, it was a glitch. It is working now although I have made no changes.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Sometimes, it's happens )
How u receive this notification , did u run diagnostic in Keywords tab?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It was from the "Ad preview and diagnosis tool".

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
For example I try do same in "Ad preview and diagnosis tool". - and time to time recive notifications or empty screen, but in Keywords tab when I select keywords and in Details run Keyword diagnostic I receive more clearest result.