Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

One of my adgroup is performing exceptionally bad

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 1
N/A

I own a pest control company and the most requested service has always been termite treatment solution. As a result, i set up a group specifically for termite treatments, in which my keywords are all highly relevant ( 7 and above scores). However it has been getting less than 1-2 clicks a day with a exceptionally low CTR.

I did try to increase the default CPC cost to 4RM ( Malaysia's currency) from 3.20RM. however its not having much effect. Avg cpc has been around 2.40RM. Furthermore, the Max cpc in my keywords kept changing back to 3RM regardless how many times i tried to manually change them to 4RM. 

Any solution for an improving?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @,

If the max bid keeps changing back to 3RM after you change it... that would suggest you are using automated bidding. You can change that to manual bidding and it will allow you to shape the bid and not change on you. 

If you are not getting the clicks you want or expect, you are right to seeking ways to optimize your campaigns

Please use this information to use custom columns to show your keyword quality scores and Est. first page bid. These will help you use these important metrics to figure out a solid bid for each keyword. 

Also dig into Dimensions to learn more about your campaigns.

What about your ads? Do you have a great written ad

When you can, spend some time with Google AdWords Best Practices, which will guide you for long term success. 

Once you take some of this info in... and compare it to your campaigns, please let us know what you discover and any questions we can answer or additional assistance wecan provide. 

Kind Regards,

James

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Since its very low ctr you should try with different text ads might be some offer or usp you can add it in your ad text plus try addimg extensions as well it will help you in improvimg ctr and getting more clicks.

Regards,

Manish

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Does, or has anyone else had access to the account? Your adgroup bid situation is a bit of a red flag. You may have some automated rules keeping you from doing what you want to do. If the campaign is set to auto bidding (maximize clicks), you can't actually change the bid. If there are some kind of automated rules or scripts in the account, who knows what else could be going on.

Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi 

With a low CTR you should look at your Ads and your ad position. if your ad copy is not getting people to click on your ads then you should think of rewriting it. Change your bidding strategy from automatic to manual. 

regards, 

zaby