2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

One keyword target another campaign ad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I provied service in different Cites. For each city I create one campaign. Each Campaign I use same Ad, Ad Group and Keywords. Now many keyword is triggering other ads with a similar keyword in another Campaign. How can I solve this problem. Please Help me. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: One keyword target another campaign ad.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

This is one of the common situation which advertisers face while dealing with local campaigns.

One idea I could think of could be to use embedded negative keywords at ad group/campaign level in order to try and bifurcate the traffic.

http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=23649&guide=23648&page=gui...

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I use same keywords in every campaign. How can I use negative keywords?

rtc
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
rtc
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You need to go to each of your campaign and set it up so that only the city you are targeting is INCLUDED in that particular campaign. With this setting, Google will only look at those key words and ads that you have selected to be displayed for that city and nothing else.  

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Another solution is to geographically target each city separately ; using Geo targeting; This is option is possible only in countries where you can reliably  geo-target up to a city level. (US; Canda, UK - to some extent)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi pankaj ,

I am facing the same problem which mahmud face.

Plz give the solution of it as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Narendra

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Narendra,

Using embedded negative keywords could be one of the option to prevent ad triggering from different ad groups. You can add the exact match negative keywords at the ad group/campaign level to prevent overlapping of traffic.

Pankaj