AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

One adword account for the business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have tested adwords and are now ready for launching our campains. We aare Google Apps customers. During testing we have different personal AdWords accounts. When going live, we ofcourse will use only one account. But it is impossible to share that one account with the 3 peoples who will administrate it, becuase we have tested AdWrods before. What the hell can we do? It looks as it is not possible to delete an AdWords account. And we cannot change e-mailadress on only the AdWords account, it will change on all Google Apps account.

Please tell me it is not that stupid, and that it is a way around it. We just cant do our job in a rational way here.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: One adword account for the business

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ole Jakob

You are able to give access to multiple email addresses for one account, so this should not be a problem.

I am assuming that the issue is that you are not able to 'free' an email account from the AdWords accounts that you do not want to use. If this is the case, then you will simply need to create new email addresses to take over the accounts that you do not want to use. You can then unlink the ones that you do want to use and then link those emails to the single account you will be using.

This is the best way to do it, as you are correct in that an AdWords account must have an administrator email, and an email address can only be associated with on account. That, however, does not stop you from making a different email the administrator and then freeing up the email you do want to use.

Does this make sense?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

A small addition to what has been said above, in case your issue relates to conflicting account in Google Apps, I would suggest reading this help center and make the required changes:

https://support.google.com/a/answer/185186?rd=1

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Great answers already. I would only share a link to add more clarity about How to grant or remove access to your AdWords account

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I dont want to make a new email adress. I don't know how. I just want to delete my adwords account, as simple as that. I have read on Google that it is so, but I really did'nt belive that someone would make something so stupid.

Thanks anyway. We will be putting our advertising money into Facebook and LinkedIn instead.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

You can cancel your adwords account by following the steps mentioned here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2424604?hl=en

However, if you still want to use the email address you are currently using with Adwords for another account then you need to do the following:

1. Invite another email address to have access your account as an Admin
2. Once this invite is granted, then log in using the new address and remove your earlier email address