AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Old campaign now renewed but marked as 'Inaccurate display URL'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A few months ago I ran a campaign for my e-bookstore and there were no problems. Yesterday I tried to renew it, but now the system disapproves for 'Inaccurate display URL'. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Here is the ad itself (translated, because it is originally in Bulgarian):

Title: Books on promotion

Copy: The top fantasy book sequel 'Hunger games' with discount

Display URL: www.knigazateb.com

Destination URL: knigazateb.com/trilur/promotsiya-trilogiyata-igrite-na-glada/

Thank you a lot!

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Inaccurate Display URL

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Alx40, 

From what I can tell, this ad may have been disapproved incorrectly.  Without looking into the account further, I cannot confirm this. 

I have included this article from the AdWords Help Center for reference as well: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=1308231&topic=131086...

If you experience this issue in the future, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 866-2Google.

Best, 

Jeremy

View solution in original post

'Inaccurate display URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Al-x4o;

Try to remove the slash ( / ) at the end of the destination URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Hi Al-x4o,   I simply entered the Display URL i.e. www.kn...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Al-x4o,

I simply entered the Display URL i.e. www.knigazateb.com/ in my browser and guess what it redirects to http://knigazateb.com/, so that means you have not correctly defined your URLs and they are not running on prefix www but without it.

My best guess would be to create new ads and change your Display URL to knigazateb.com and it should work fine.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Hi Al-x4o,   Panjak is correct, your destination URL does...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Al-x4o,

Panjak is correct, your destination URL does not end up at www.knigazateb.com, it ends up at knigazateb.com. Just edit the display URL and remove the www. and you'll be good to go. No need to create a new campaign.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Inaccurate Display URL

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Alx40, 

From what I can tell, this ad may have been disapproved incorrectly.  Without looking into the account further, I cannot confirm this. 

I have included this article from the AdWords Help Center for reference as well: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=1308231&topic=131086...

If you experience this issue in the future, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 866-2Google.

Best, 

Jeremy