Guide Me
star_border

Number of searches for a keyword

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

In the old Keyword tool I could enter a keyword and the tool would give me the total number of searches in Google for this keyword per month. Now, in the new keyword tool there is also a column "total searches" but the numbers are drasticly lower and for some keywords that I know a lot (100 or 100o times) lower than before. I do this in Brazil but to make it easier a U.S. exemple:

I look for "lawyers new york", US, english and it gives me 90 searches per month. I cannot belive that that's true.

I want to get this info independelty of my budget or anything related. I just want to know how many people look for a specific keword every month. This helps a lot to pitch to a client.

How could I get this info?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Number of searches for a keyword

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello there;
The keyword planner 's CPC data refers only to the "exact match" type; while the "old" keyword tool included also the "broad match" . This the main reason to the discrepancies. (The other is re-mapping the geographic areas Google included in the statistics).
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’