AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Number of searches for a keyword

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

In the old Keyword tool I could enter a keyword and the tool would give me the total number of searches in Google for this keyword per month. Now, in the new keyword tool there is also a column "total searches" but the numbers are drasticly lower and for some keywords that I know a lot (100 or 100o times) lower than before. I do this in Brazil but to make it easier a U.S. exemple:

I look for "lawyers new york", US, english and it gives me 90 searches per month. I cannot belive that that's true.

I want to get this info independelty of my budget or anything related. I just want to know how many people look for a specific keword every month. This helps a lot to pitch to a client.

How could I get this info?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Number of searches for a keyword

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello there;
The keyword planner 's CPC data refers only to the "exact match" type; while the "old" keyword tool included also the "broad match" . This the main reason to the discrepancies. (The other is re-mapping the geographic areas Google included in the statistics).
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’