AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Not getting the competition column as (low, medium,high) when I download it in excel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Using Keyword planner tool to get the insights ,I get competition column in numbers (ranging 0 to 1) when I download it in excel whereas in the tool I get as (low,medium,high)

Can anyone tell me the solution to this problem ?

I am using microsoft excel 2007

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not getting the competition column as (low, medium,high) when I download it in excel

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

The number of advertisers that showed on each keyword relative to all keywords across Google. Note that this data is specific to the location and Search Network targeting that you've selected. In the "Competition" column, you can see whether the competition for a keyword is low, medium, or high.

Want to know more about Keywords Planner:-https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en&ref_topic=3175091

Thanks,
Anand

Re: Not getting the competition column as (low, medium,high) when I download it in excel

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi,

It is not an error within excel.
The adwords system displays competition as low, medium and High in the planner but while you download it, you will get it between numeric 0 to 1 where "0" refers to no competition and "1" refers to high as per Google adwords

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Team ,

As I download the keyword research file in excel , I get the competition
column in numbers (ranging from 0 to 1) instead of regular (low,medium or
high).
Can you tell me how to get the same result as in tool ?

Attached is the file for better understanding

Regards
Akshay

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Sir ,

How can I obtain the same as google adwords result
Manually typing will consume alot of time

Regards
Akshay

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Akshay,

This competition column is not having too much importance in PPC. The things which are into consideration are the components of QS, bids and ad-extensions to rank you on top.

Even if the keyword has very low competition(lets suppose you are the only one to bid on that keyword) but you are bidding very low and poor QS then also Google will not show your ads on top positions, it will appear at the bottom.

So everything is your strategies, bids, ads and a lot.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’