3.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Not able to grant access to my MCC account

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I have added an MCC Adwords ID to my MCC account, the person who is supposed to grant access to me can see the status as pending against my request in his MCC account and see the status as pending however, he is not getting the option to provide me access. What can be the reason please?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not able to grant access to my MCC account

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ajay,

This is explained earlier very clearly in a post from one of the Top Contributors in the AdWords Community.

1. Log in to the MCC that you want to link to

2. Locate and copy the 10 digit series of numbers from the top right corner (manager ID)

3. Log out of that MCC and log in to your MAIN MCC, the one you want to access everything from

4. Click on 'link existing accounts'

5. Enter the manager ID from above and request access

6. Log out of your MAIN MCC and go back to the MCC you want to link to

7. Click on 'my account > account access'

8. Accept the request for access to the MCC from your MAIN MCC

9. Log back in to your MAIN MCC and in your accounts list you will now see the other linked to MCC appearing just like any of the other accounts

10. When you click on this from the accounts list it takes you through to the other MCC whilst you are still logged in to the MAIN MCC

11. Business as usual

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/AdWords-managers-Can-you-link-an-MCC-to-an-MCC...

Please follow the 5-8 steps mentioned in the link and you will be able to close this issue.

Hope this Helps.
- Prashanth Renigutnala

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Prashant, I know the process of linking one MCC account with another, the problem I am facing is of slightly different nature. When I add my clients MCC cust ID to my MCC account, a 'Pending' request is visible to my client in his mcc, but no option to take action and confirm access. How can he allow me access to his MCC is the question.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ajay S,

Welcome !

The person who will accept your request must have the administrative access.Kindly ask your client to check the email id that he/she use to login to the adwords account has the Administrative access.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Ajay,

I agree with Shuva here. The person who accept the linking request needs to have administrative access to the MCC. This is the same logic when it comes to linking an account to an MCC.

Ask your client if he is using an ID that has administrative access, if not, he should probably use the admin access ID and check if he can accept the request.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Ajay S,

The one issue that may be happening, is that your "client" already has the "Limit" of number of people that may access is account via MCC Access.

I have had that happen about a month ago, your same situation, in which the client got a pending but not able to approve. They had too many people already with either MCC access or with other access, they removed some old mangers and were able to add me.

Now I don't see any documentation in the help desk that references this, but it was what solved the issue for me in that same similar situation.

I hope this helps.

PS. Also as the others recommended, make sure the client is login in with Admin Access rights email login

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Thanks for highlighting this Eric!

Had heard of this phenomenon from a fellow colleague but never thought it was possible.

Will definitely keep this one in mind.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Ajay, just login with the same email Id through which the AdWords account is created to accept invitation for linking with MCC.