6.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Nooby Questions about YouTube Adwords!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just setup an adwords account tonight for promoting a youtube video. Couple of questions: 

1: Why does it say "issues with keywords search" but yet doesnt explain what the issue is?? 

2: I enabled my ad to be able to show in In-Stream, In-Disaply, & In-Search as you can see in the screenshot below.  ...But.....(see next image)

....But in the targeting section, I set it to only "Target people who are seaching". So will my ad only show in the youtube search results for keywords that I defined in the targeting section, or will my youtube video ad also show in the "in-display" and "in-stream" locations?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Host E
September 2015

Re: Nooby Questions about YouTube Adwords!

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi there, 

These actually aren't "nooby" questions at all! It took me a little while to double check the answer but after a little investigation I have the answers to your questions below:

1. Generally this Issues with X messaging will be there for the first 24hrs until things settle down, especially if you have a new campaign with ads that are still under review. Are you still seeing this messaging today?

2. If you use Target people who are searching as your targeting option, the in-search ads are the only ad format that will run, using the keyword list. In order to have your in-display and in-stream ads show, you need to need to have the Target people watching content option ticked too. 

Let us know if you're still seeing that error message or if you have any other questions. 

Hannah

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Host E
September 2015

Re: Nooby Questions about YouTube Adwords!

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi there, 

These actually aren't "nooby" questions at all! It took me a little while to double check the answer but after a little investigation I have the answers to your questions below:

1. Generally this Issues with X messaging will be there for the first 24hrs until things settle down, especially if you have a new campaign with ads that are still under review. Are you still seeing this messaging today?

2. If you use Target people who are searching as your targeting option, the in-search ads are the only ad format that will run, using the keyword list. In order to have your in-display and in-stream ads show, you need to need to have the Target people watching content option ticked too. 

Let us know if you're still seeing that error message or if you have any other questions. 

Hannah