AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Non-competitive / No Ad Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm interested in launching a campaign targeting some keywords that have essentially zero ad presence right now. I understand that Google does not show ads for all keywords, deeming ads irrelevant / not worth it / etc for that keyword.

My question is this: is it at all likely that I could get them to start showing ads, if the landing content is relevant (and similar to the top organic results)? Not an actual ad I'm planning, but an example would be "how to tie a tie," with the landing page actually being what the user is looking for.. a quality guide on how to tie a tie.

And if there is any chance of success in getting these ads to show, is there any way to estimate cpc? Most of the keywords I've researched don't have an estimated cpc because they don't (or extremely rarely) show ads. It'd be awesome if I could get dirt cheap clicks thanks to the lack of competition, but I'm guessing Google isn't super interested in .02 bids.

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Non-competitive / No Ad Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adam,

You can, and it will (probably) be cheap. I say probably, because if your keyword is [life insurance fidget spinner] it won't be cheap. If it is [humbigant] it will be. But if very few people search for your keywords (say, less than 10 per month), Google can decide not to show your ads. If your ads are sitting there not running and the search volume improves, they will start running.

If they never run, it won't cost you anything except for your time setting things up.