AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

NoIndex on a dynamic landing page ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi.  I'm thinking of making a dynamic landing page where I can dynamically show keywords in the title and headline that will match the keywords in the ad.  For example, if the headline on my current landing page is "buy shoes", but the text of the ad is "buy red shoes", that's not very good for customers that come to my site expecting to buy red shoes (I may have another ad for "buy blue shoes", "buy orange shoes", etc).  A dynamic landing page will allow me to change the title & headline so that it is consistent with the ad, which should hopefully help my conversions.

This dynamic landing page though will have almost similar content to my existing landing page.  This is not good because the dynamic landing page will be considered as "duplicate" in SEO, which will kill the ranking of my current landing page.  Thus, I'm thinking of setting up a new dynamic landing page that is separate of my current landing page (my dynamic landing page will have a different filename than my current landing page).  

Would a NoIndex tag - <meta name="robots" content="noindex">  - on my dynamic landing page be enough to stop Google from indexing my dynamic landing page but also allow the Adwords Bot to crawl my dynamic landing page?  Does anybody else have experience with this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

NoIndex on a dynamic landing page ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gadwin G,

Yes, that tag should have the effect you want. I might suggest changing the headline isn't quite enough unless you also change your offer with the headline change. Let's say your headline is "Buy Red Shoes", but the rest of the page offers shoes in all colors. That didn't really help much, did it?

You might consider building custom landing pages for each of your ad groups, organize your ad groups by color, or whatever is appropriate for your actual product. Write your ads to match the keywords in the group, then create your landing pages to match what your ad offered. I think you'll see faster progress this way.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords