5.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

No other advertisers/competition

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am new to AdWords, and have some noobish questions. Say, for example, that we are trying to get the word out about our 'Ontario Land Survey' business in our area of Ontario. I'll use Thunder Bay as the example.

Typing 'ontario land surveys' does not produce any ads.

So, how do you rationalize a CPC budget? If there is no other competiion, would you not start at $.01 and adjust accordingly (when others start advertising)?

Thanks for any insight.

K

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: No other advertisers/competition

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Surely this is exactly the point of testing.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi 

I completely agree with MosheTLV.

And to be honest I think its will be worth a try going for automated bidding option with tight controls on budgets and bid limits.

I believe you should also look at other factors like what kind of cost per acquisitions you are looking at? How many conversions you are looking at?

I guess making sure you have very clear idea about CPA and conversions its worth try to start with automated bidding and then fine tuning the bids depending on experience

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello KevinWhite; welcome;

There is a certain threshold of an ad rank (bid*QS) that your ad must meet to appear, even if you are in a niche market and there is no other competitor;

Google des doesn't disclose what is this threshold. But I can assure you, that your ad is unlikely to get impressions with the minimum bid.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Surely this is exactly the point of testing.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi 

I completely agree with MosheTLV.

And to be honest I think its will be worth a try going for automated bidding option with tight controls on budgets and bid limits.

I believe you should also look at other factors like what kind of cost per acquisitions you are looking at? How many conversions you are looking at?

I guess making sure you have very clear idea about CPA and conversions its worth try to start with automated bidding and then fine tuning the bids depending on experience

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks all,

I've made some adjustments 'auto bid' with a focus on clicks. See what happens next!

Appreciated the help.