Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

No keyword data in AdWords campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a Web Developer / SEO - I am to work on my client's AdWords and Analytics account which has already had a significant budget spent on it in the last three years - about £20,000

The site and AdWords owner was DIYing his AdWords himself - to put it bluntly he was useless - same advert for 3 years, poor keyword choices, 90+% bounce rate, average visitor stay is 19 seconds ... I think there is potential to improve all aspects but yep it needs some work!

Thankfully the Analytics are quite indepth but amazingly there is no keyword to click through data for his campaigns. So I simply cannot tell what his best click words were/are. Help?

So I have now linked the Analytics to the Adwords but still no keyword data is showing in Anlaytics (only "not set") - I want to see the visitor stats for Adwords in Analytics.

(BTW Googles help on this is poor and confusing) .... Any tips or advice please ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No keyword data in AdWords campaign

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
It wont provide for previous data. It will apply data from the day you linked the account and in the future.
PPCSophie

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Dez C

A full explanation in this discussion;

Google Analytics shows "not set" under "Advertising Campaign"

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/Google-Analytics-shows-quot-not-set-quot-und...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dez C,

Best of Luck

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords