Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

No campaign shown while adding ad groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I am completely new to Adwords, and the UI is really confusing and disoriented. 

->I created a new campaign using the campaign tab under the campaign tab.

->After I finished everything. I got no impressions for around a week. I learnt that it was not all I had to do.

-> So I was going to create an ad group with the "+" button in ad group tab in the campaign tab. But it shows no campaign

->In the tutorial it shows that when you click a campaign name you get more tabs where you can create ad groups, but when I click on a campaign name I only get Settings and campaign tab

Please help me out here

Thanks and regards 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nilesh K
July 2016

Re: No campaign shown while adding ad groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi again Tom
I did a little reading and found out this https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6357595?hl=en
It mentions that "it's not necessary to specific keywords or placements or videos" and also "You also won't need to create ad groups: your entire campaign can be considered an ad group".
Regards
Nilesh

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Learning the structure of an AdWords account is one of the most essential things you have to do in order to effectively manage an account.

Account
Campaigns
Adgroups
Keywords (targeting)
Ads

Once you click down to the adgroup level, you won't see that campaign names from the higher campaign level anymore. Click on that campaign first, then click "+ adgroup". Now you should be creating your first adgroup in the campaign you clicked on.
Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tom
However I just found out that "Universal App Campaigns" do not have ad group tabs when clicked, unlike the "Search Network with display select" type. I tried increasing the bid and budget. Let me see if I get even 1 impression I'll come out here if I do.
I still haven't (been able to) create any ad or added any keywords
Regards
Nilesh
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nilesh K
July 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi again Tom
I did a little reading and found out this https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6357595?hl=en
It mentions that "it's not necessary to specific keywords or placements or videos" and also "You also won't need to create ad groups: your entire campaign can be considered an ad group".
Regards
Nilesh

No campaign shown while adding ad groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Did you find an answer to this?

Thanks