AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

No advertisers then what is the minimum CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to advertise for a keyword in US and my keyword has no advertisers.

The average CPC is showing $0.86 there, so i want to know if i bid $.05 or $.10 per click then will i get my ad on google or not because there are no competitors who can compete on a bid.

Thank YOU

Re: No advertisers then what is the minimum CPC

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Rahul,

If Google is giving you an average CPC then there has to be competitors there although there might not be very many. Most likely if Google shows $0.86 then should probably should bid around that amount otherwise a 5 or 10 cent bid might not get you ranked on the first page or you'll be at the very bottom of the list.

Re: No advertisers then what is the minimum CPC

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

@Rahul M gone are the days when you could do this. 

It used to be fun when you could find a gap in the market and bid on it for $0.05, but Google got wise to this and as I see it, they decided it wasn't worth running an auction to them for such little CPCs. So even of there's no competition, they will make up a minimum first page bid. After a while you can still probably lower this based on a good CTR.

Good luck

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+