AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

No ads showing for "how to get a six pack" but cant see this on the list of banned products

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have just launch a new fitness business, www.bodyhack.com. Before we got a single click via adwords the account was suspended. I can't understand why.

Then I did some searches for keywords we added to our adwords account, e.g. "how to get a six pack", "how to get ripped", etc. There are no ads on adwords, but loads on bing and yahoo, so I can only assume that these keywords are banned on adwords, but there is no mention of them here: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=1310883&guide=1308252&page=guide.c...

Can someone explain why ads are not showing for those terms? 

thanks,

Julian.

5 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: No ads showing for "how to get a six pack" but cant see this on the list of banned pro

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 14
Top Contributor

Hello again Julian;

Let me start with quoting the relevent Policy clause, I think, your site is violating, and then comment :

• You claim: "How to Get a Six Pack & 11.5% Body Fat in Just 12 Weeks".

In the before/ after pics shown, the guy reduced his body fat by 10% - i.e 7.5 Kgs (~0.1*74). However, he lost only 5.5 kgs in body weight (74-68.5). The conclusion is, that he lost 7.5 kgs of fat, but added 2 kg of lean mass.This claim could be considered reasonable. (Though adding 2 kgs of lean mass in 12 weeks does rrequire very intense training.)

Now let's look at the other before/ after example:

• You claim: "How to Lose 30lbs and Drop from 35% Body Fat to 22% in 12 Weeks"

Here, he lost 13% (36-23) of fat i.e. 12 kgs ( ~0.13*91), while loosing 14 kgs of his body mass (91-77) within 12 weeks, meaning:

• loosing 1 kg of fat per week, or 7700 calories per week, (1kg of body fat equals 7700 calories), or roughly 1,000 calories PER DAY! - This is an unrealistic diet!
  • Those number do NOT match: How can he loose 12 kg of fat + 2 Kgs of lean mass, while training so intense? he should have gained some muscles as you demonstrated in the first case ....
  • A men with 23% of fat does NOT have that defined body as demonstrated.

-Moshe

PS: The accuracy of common  devices measuring body fat is in the order of magnitude of a few percentages. Giving body fat figures in an accuracy of 0.01 (one hundredth), without reference to technique and conditions, has no scientific meaning...(But this is only a side comment...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: No ads showing for "how to get a six pack" but cant see this on the list of banned pro

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 20
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello julianh,

Thank you for writing onto the Community forum! While I do not have access to your account, I think I can give some insight here.

Based on what you have described, it sounds like there is an account-level suspension on your account, rather than one that has to do with our Landing Page Quality guidelines. Usually when there is a landing page quality issue, the email you receive explicitly states the policy you have not been compliant with. Whole accounts can be suspended for a multitude of reasons, all of them specific to the context of that particular account. As your issue more than likely deals with an account-level suspension, I would highly suggest that you reach out to the AdWords Support Team by selected 'Contact AdWords' in the upper-right hand corner. They will, hopefully, be able to give you specifics on why your account has been suspended and what you can do to become compliant. I wish I could provide more information, but anything else would be pure conjecture. 

Lastly, in regards to keywords that are not permitted, it is important to make a distinction between disallowed products and keywords that don't trigger ads. It is a pretty regular occurrence that our system will not serve ads for certain queries(especially ones that are more informational than product based). Comparing the presence of ads on Google versus other search engines does not necessarily mean that the product is disallowed, rather it is possible that Google's search and ad-serving algorithm is choosing to not show ads, so as to provide a better/different customer experience for that particular query. 

I hope that AdWords Support is able to assist you in appealing the suspension on your account!

Thank you,

Brian D. 

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Julian

Did you receive an email giving any details of the suspension? When an account is suspended there will be an email sent out giving information as to the reason why.

The best thing that you can do is go through the advertising policies and your site, ad text and keywords etc to see if you can get to the reason why. It is worth going through the policies as depending on the reason for suspension, it can be lifted (although this is at google's discression). Please see 'about suspended accounts', specifically the section 'what can I do if my account gets suspended' for further information about this. After checking your site, you can contact them if you believe it has been suspended in error, or to get the site/ads etc re reviewed after making some changes, giving a description of these changes. 

I hope you get your issue resolved, good luck! :-)

Best Regards

Re: Account suspended - Fitness website

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Julian;

• Are you promoting any food supplements? The video does mention that by saying : "...every supplement they took..."
  • I was also not able to stop the video. That might be a website functionality violation of Policy. It that intentional (that a user will watch the video till the end), or is it a technical glitch?

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey Julian,

There could be other issues with your account in terms of billing etc...
To eliminate all other possibilities, could you please go to your AdWords account... in the keywords tab.. there would be a speech bubble near your keyword. When you hover on it, you will get a message if your ads are showing or not. Also, it will show you the quality score of your keyword along with any relevance issues that you need to look into.

Also, in the keywords tab, you could click on 'more actions...' and then on 'diagnose keywords' to do this for multiple keywords.

Let me know how this goes and if you see any issues!

Another thing you should chk is if your Ad texts are pending approval.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Hel_ipe,

This is the message I got: It has come to our attention that your Google AdWords account does not comply with our Terms of Service and Advertising Policies.  As a result, your account and any related accounts have been suspended, and your ads will no longer run on Google

I have checked and checked the policy and cant see what rule I have broken.

Thanks,

Julian.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Julian;

Could you please address my questions on your website content...

MosheTLV wrote:

Hello Julian;

• Are you promoting any food supplements? The video does mention that by saying : "...every supplement they took..."
  • I was also not able to stop the video. That might be a website functionality violation of Policy. It that intentional (that a user will watch the video till the end), or is it a technical glitch?

-Moshe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe,

Thanks for the questions.

1) Yes we give details of the supplements a person took, but there all good stuff like: protein shakes, multi vits, omega oils, etc. There are plenty of ads showing on google for those, so I dont think they are disallowed.

2) You can stop the video, you just click it, and it stops.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Its says that the ads are not showing, and the quality score is 4/10. all say "no problem".

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello Julianh,

Will it be possible for you to show some example of adcopies you are using to advertise?

As per Advertising Claims : Google AdWords doesn't allow ads that make inaccurate claims. Inaccurate claims include competitive claims, superlatives, and unverified offers.

Thanks,
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Julian;

To follow Neha; Please also give a link to your web page, where food supplements are discussed