Yesterday I set up an ad campaign with 1 ad in one ad group for 1 keyword phrase. The keyword planner tells me that for my bid amount I would receive 760 impressions. A day later my reports show ZERO impressions. Why is the Keyword Planner not telling the truth?? How do Google expect new customers to trust their ad system when the results are so different to the expectations? If you cannot trust the Keyword Planner there is no point in its existence.
Re: No Impressions
Hi @Stephen L,
Welcome to AdWords Community.
While AdWords Keyword planner helps in planning campaigns/adgroup, the data it presents you with are estimated. The actual results inside the campaign may vary. Why? Keyword Planner does not give the real time data. You would agree that it would be difficult for a tool like keyword planner to give real time data considering the auction based platform of AdWords.
Moreover, things also depend a lot on the targeting methods you choose, the geographies you are advertising in, bids you are giving to your keywords, and the extent of completion there is in the given targets.
Let me give you a few suggestion which would help you optimizing your existing campaigns -
- For the first thing, include more than one keyword in your adgroup. Preferably, at least 5 to 6.
- Write ad copies relevant to your keywords
- Enable Estimated First Page Bid and Estimated Top of the Page Bid columns by customizing the columns option
- Give your keywords sufficient bids, a bid above the estimated first page bid
- Have a bigger budget than your bid amount so that the keywords can compete in the auction
- Check your ads column to verify all your ad copies are approved. New ads might take a business day to be reviewed. Usually, they get reviewed within a few hours
- Make sure your billing info is complete and there's no red bar at the top of your AdWords Dashboard.
- Give it some time once you have done these optimizations, you ads should start triggering
All the best!
About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.