Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

No Impressions of the Approved Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've got problems with the impressions of my ads. I've set up a campaign and added ad groups without any problems. Some of the ads are already approved and according to the status commentary are showing now, however there are no impressions of them in the statistics.

Can you advise me what can be the reason here and how to solve this issue?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: No Impressions of the Approved Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Hope all is well!

If the ads have just been built today it is unlikely that the impressions will start to show immediately. If you check your AdWords report after 24 hours there should be impressions. If there isn't then it is most likely a problem with your campaign settings or your keywords are too unique and aren't being searched for. I recommend checking your settings and using the keyword tool to see if your keywords are being searched for.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Luke

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Murashka21,

In addition, I would also recommend that you check out the Ad Preview Tool.  Once you set the targeted location of your campaign, you can run some test searches and see if your ads are appearing as you hoped.  If not, you may need to adjust your budgets and/or work on your QS to improve your adrank so your ads will start appearing.

The Keyword Tool is going to give you estimates of 'Global' and 'Local' searches and new keyword ideas, but is not as precise in determining specific location search volume. The Insights for Search Tool will give you more detailed and local reporting on search volume and trends. 

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Hope all is well!

If the ads have just been built today it is unlikely that the impressions will start to show immediately. If you check your AdWords report after 24 hours there should be impressions. If there isn't then it is most likely a problem with your campaign settings or your keywords are too unique and aren't being searched for. I recommend checking your settings and using the keyword tool to see if your keywords are being searched for.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Luke

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If your keywords have impresions, it means your ads will have impressions too. Like Luke_Raper suggest, you should wait to see reports or change some keywords to test your problem.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Murashka21,

In addition, I would also recommend that you check out the Ad Preview Tool.  Once you set the targeted location of your campaign, you can run some test searches and see if your ads are appearing as you hoped.  If not, you may need to adjust your budgets and/or work on your QS to improve your adrank so your ads will start appearing.

The Keyword Tool is going to give you estimates of 'Global' and 'Local' searches and new keyword ideas, but is not as precise in determining specific location search volume. The Insights for Search Tool will give you more detailed and local reporting on search volume and trends. 

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’