1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Newbie.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. My aim was to find Keywords but my search led me to AdWords, so I signed up. I've been told to create an ad but I'm not yet ready. Nonetheless, I created an ad then was invited to submit my card details.

My question is this: Can I put that ad on hold since my website isn't finished. If I submit my card details, will I instantly be charged? Also, how on earth do I see the keyword facility? Can anyone please advise?

Much appreciated. Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Re: Newbie.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jill D,

Good questions!

Yes, you can pause the campaign which contains the ad. Upon creating the ad, just navigate to the Campaigns tab and then click on the green dot beside your campaign. You should see a pause option appear, simply click this and your ad won't run.

Paused.png

Your card won't be charged until you actually accrue costs, and this can only occur when your ad(s) is running.

I think you might be referring to the Keyword Planner. You can find it by clicking on Tools at the top of the page and then select Keyword Planner from the drop-down menu.

Keyword Planner.png

Let us know if you have any additional questions or whether you get stuck with anything!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jill D,

Good questions!

Yes, you can pause the campaign which contains the ad. Upon creating the ad, just navigate to the Campaigns tab and then click on the green dot beside your campaign. You should see a pause option appear, simply click this and your ad won't run.

Paused.png

Your card won't be charged until you actually accrue costs, and this can only occur when your ad(s) is running.

I think you might be referring to the Keyword Planner. You can find it by clicking on Tools at the top of the page and then select Keyword Planner from the drop-down menu.

Keyword Planner.png

Let us know if you have any additional questions or whether you get stuck with anything!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Newbie.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you ScottyD. Very much appreciated. Thanks for the great info. It's a bit of a mine field when starting up.  I have an access key problem now but won't bother you with that! (Not sure this is the right place anyway?)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No problem @Jill D!

Anything access related is usually best directed to the Googler support team. Let us know if you need help contacting them though.