AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Newbie question on google's interperative abilities

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The google adwords make it seem so easy and all, really very delightful, but then I was looking for:

pad printing southern california

and the first two ad results was for a pad print place in illinois and another one for Colorado.  The only way I could find out was clicking those ads.

So, did I just cost those two stores a dollar each and if so, how do you guys make money on this service?  I was interested in this, but if stuff like that happens, are people actually making any money?

Also, it's not obvious how to add a screenshot in here.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Newbie question on google's interperative abilities

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi ffitzpatrick,

Welcome to the community!

You could be seeing these ads because that is how those particular advertisers structured and set up their advertising campaigns.  There is no limit or requirement to where you can run your ads on Google.com.  It is up to the advertiser to make those decisions. 

The organic listings (below the ads) are where Google's algorithms are making the decisions on the results you see.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’