Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

New website - decreasing numbers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I manage accounts of some customers and have experienced several times that a campaign that runs very well -high click-through rate, high conversions, many impressions - collapses after the launch of a new website. After the launch we experience halve the impressions, while clicks run back and CPCs are getting higher. I wonder if you guys also experienced this, while launching a new website and what you did to prevent this. 

Thanks in advance for answering my question.

Kind regards,

J.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New website - decreasing numbers

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Can you confirm whether you are talking about changing the destination URLs to the new domain OR is it about the redesigning of the old website with the same links? There could be differences considering both scenarios.

If it's a total new domain, then it might take some time before the statistics accrue for that domain and how relevant it might be for the users considering from every perspective.

In nutshell, being advertiser, we should be focusing on providing as much relevant info as we can to the users online so that what they are looking for, they get that precisely.

Pankaj