N/A

New to the adwords, need help on which campaign type to select

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New to the adwords, need help on which campaign type to select

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi and welcome to the Community.

I'm going to assume you're asking about the difference between the Search network and the Display network:  If you're not - if you're asking about a different "type" of "campaign type", please excuse me and give us some more details and we'll try to help.

Briefly, the Search and Display networks can be thought of as being "looking to buy" and "encouraged to buy" respectively.  For example, if I want to buy a new camping tent, I'll go to Google Search and type in a search term related to new tents.  I am actively looking to buy something and the Ads that appear alongside the search results will be useful to me because they'll be about new tents.  On the other hand, if I'm browsing a website about camping, I might see an Ad (on the Display network) that's advertising camping lights and I might remember I need a new one and click the Ad.

So, an Outdoors store might use both networks differently for different items of stock; Search for items that are more likely to be actively searched for with intent to buy, and Display for items that are more likely to be bought on impulse, or only after a reminder of some kind.

This is a very broad definition and it won't apply to all markets, all products, but it can be a useful way to start deciding how to plan your Campaigns.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits