AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

New to adwords...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I am new to Adwords and read through the basic settings but for the life of me I could not find or figure out how the account manages your domains. I am a webmaster for a few domain and obviously have analytics for each domain. I know from past experience with another clients adwords account after logging in with her details that the analytics account attached itself and fed the information. Does Adwords automatically connect or select the analytics profile set up for domains url set up in each campaign?

I hope this does not sound extremely stupid and hope someone has the time to help Smiley Happy

Kind Regards

Eldin McPherson

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: New to adwords...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Eldin,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

No, Adwords will not connect to respective Analytics on its own. Rather, you will have to link Adwords with correct Analytics profile in order to see the Adwords data inside Google Analytics for more insights.

Follow this reference for complete linking process.

Make sure that you have the administrator rights for the email address in both Adwords and Analytics which you are using to link them. 

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Eldin,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

No, Adwords will not connect to respective Analytics on its own. Rather, you will have to link Adwords with correct Analytics profile in order to see the Adwords data inside Google Analytics for more insights.

Follow this reference for complete linking process.

Make sure that you have the administrator rights for the email address in both Adwords and Analytics which you are using to link them. 

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for your response, that information was spot on but I as I mentioned I am a webmaster for various domains under my account so would I select all the domains I want linked and will adwords sort accordingly and if I add a new domain would I have to update the account link?

Kind Regards

Eldin McPherson

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Eldin,

You can link multiple profiles of your Google Analytics account with Adwords. If you happen to check the link I referred above, check the screenshot (no.5 and no.6) where you have Data Sources info and area to link your Adwords. If you select multiple profiles here, your Adwords related info will be visible in that particular Analytics account for that profile.

Hope that makes more sense!

Pankaj